Clarity

• 1.  Automate seting the User Home page

Posted Dec 15, 2015 10:37 AM

Looking for options to automate setting the PPM 'Home' page for a user when they are added to a Group.

• 2.  Re: Automate seting the User Home page

Posted Dec 15, 2015 11:53 AM

You could write a SQL Job to achieve this.

Query to inquire data:

select

last_name, first_name, user_name, locale, timezone, home_url

from cmn_sec_users where user_name = 'admin'

Update:

UPDATE cmn_sec_users csu SET home_url = 'npt.overview', last_updated_date = sysdate, last_updated_by = 1

where home_url != 'npt.overview' and

exists

(select 1 from cmn_sec_groups g, cmn_sec_user_groups ug where ug.group_id = g.id and g.group_code = 'ApplAdminRl' and ug.user_id = csu.id)

Note: Change GROUP_CODE as needed, HOME_URL as needed

• 3.  Re: Automate seting the User Home page

Posted Dec 15, 2015 04:12 PM

that's an interesting approach, but as you know direct SQL updates to system tables are not recommended

You'd also get issues if they are in multiple groups, as it would get updated again.

The supported way would be to use XOG. The atribute is homeUrl.

• To see an example set a users homepage then xog them out via cmn_users_read example.
    • You could put that in a process which generates the XOG update for users in the group
    • You'd still have to handle the multiple group scenario

Richard,

I'd post an idea on the forum, as this could be really useful to some organisations to have out the box

Is the below user story what you are trying to solve or is it something different?

User story:

As a user I want a personalised landing page so I can get the content I want faster

• 4.  Re: Automate seting the User Home page

Posted Dec 16, 2015 11:34 AM

User Story:  When onboarding a new user to PPM and that user is associated with a Project Manager group, set the Home Page default for that user to be the Project Management Dashboard.