CA Service Management

• 1.  Auto Suggest makes a mess on List forms

Posted Dec 15, 2015 10:42 AM

Hello!

Does anyone know how can I disable the auto_suggest messages without disabling this feature on version 14.1?

I already opened a case but the CA Local Team (Brazil) gave me a negative response:

"The message that appears is part of writing the tool it was designed that way, what you can do is open a suggestion in the community suggesting a refinement of this alert"

We won't give up auto_suggest feature, then I opened on Comunnity an Idea, as recommended, but my users and I can't accept the mess. Look the following screen:

Mess list_form:

Mess_Screen.jpg

Normal list_form:

default_screen.jpg

We don't have this problem on version 12.7 and I can't believe CA think this is a good idea for your customers.

• 2.  Re: Auto Suggest makes a mess on List forms
    Best Answer

Posted Dec 15, 2015 12:01 PM

After some research I saw that this message is displayed by a jquery and could be disabled adding the following CSS code:

.ui-helper-hidden-accessible { display:none; }

Due to a minor color change we made earlier, I just added the above code to analyst_styles.css using Notepad and copied the file to all servers on our environment.

If the engineers responsible for the coding were contacted, this wouldn't be an issue/question.

Hope this is helpful to the community.

• 3.  Re: Auto Suggest makes a mess on List forms

Posted Dec 30, 2015 11:15 AM

Hello.
    I am facing the same problem in my environment .

They could tell me exactly which analyst_style line must include the code
    ui -helper -hidden -accessible {display : none; }

• 4.  Re: Auto Suggest makes a mess on List forms

Posted Dec 30, 2015 12:21 PM

You can insert the code in any line. My suggest: insert before CA Copyright line, as the follwing example. Pay attention on DOT ( .ui-helper).

.ui-resizable-se{cursor:se-resize;width:20px;height:20px;right:1px;bottom:1px;}
    /* ERICO PREZZI INCLUSAO DA CLAUSULA PARA INIBIR O AUTO SUGGESTION * ------- INI ----------- */
    .ui-helper-hidden-accessible { display:none; }
    /* ERICO PREZZI INCLUSAO DA CLAUSULA PARA INIBIR O AUTO SUGGESTION * ------- FIM ----------- */
    /* Copyright (c) 2003 Computer Associates International, Inc */
    .accordion{width:89%;padding:5px;}

Don't forget to run "pdm_webcache" and clear the browser cache.

• 5.  Re: Auto Suggest makes a mess on List forms

Posted Dec 30, 2015 12:46 PM

Fabiano.

It worked.
    thanks for the support.

• 6.  Re: Auto Suggest makes a mess on List forms

Posted Jan 06, 2016 07:56 AM

This was also an issue with r12.9 but it was fixed by one of the CPs, I'd be surprised if the CA support didn't proceed with this if you pushed more. It sounds like the r14 code base was forked before the patch for r12.9 was created.