AnsweredAssumed Answered

Error in action macro - log_event - Spel

Question asked by Mario Gomes on Dec 16, 2015
Latest reply on Dec 21, 2015 by Mario Gomes

Hi everybody,

I'm new at the community and in spel language and this is my first post. I'm facing a problem trying to create an action macro to register at the change log notifications sent by an attached event (Versions 12.7 and 14.1). This action is one of the steps to implement the sla for change tasks. I found at the community the following code and customize it for my scenario but everytime the macro executes it reports "macro event error Unknown message log_event received in wf:PDOB:PATTR:OB:MTH:" and don't write anything at the log. Trying to debug and test if the macro wasn't really finding the macro, i put many logf messages and returned the correct message until the send_wait command. Searching for some documentation about the send_wait and log_event i didn't find a valid reference further after the SDU home page went down (the history isn't available also). So if anyone has a tip why the code is returning a error message or if anyone has a valid information about how write messages at the change log from an attached event, please let me know.

// add an activity log. requires the macro be locked. 
uuid log_userid; 
log_userid = (uuid)"793ED69B4E87A545BD8E911834D829FC"; 
send_wait(0, top_object(), "get_co_group"); 
if (msg_error()) { 
printf("Error'%s'", msg[0]); 
return; 
} 
else { group_leader = msg[0];} 
// get info from event to store in log description 
string log; 
log = find_msg(63, 80, chg.chg_ref_num, task.sym); 
send_wait(0, this, "log_event", group_leader, log_userid, log);