Layer7 API Management

Expand all | Collapse all

Need inputs for throughput sizing for Load balancer and firewall for API Gateway

• 1.  Need inputs for throughput sizing for Load balancer and firewall for API Gateway

Posted Dec 18, 2015 03:25 AM

We have a multi-site setup requirement and we are sizing load-balancers and firewalls on remote sites. We are looking for maximum payload size that can stream through these devices in any-given time. What is the maximum payload size that can be received by the gateway (request) from the internet and what will be the max value in the response ?

I have referred to the below two discussions. But I am confused if its 50KB or 2 MB after going through the details.

Optimize for mixed workload APIs (Large and Small payloads)

How does one manage/limit the size of streaming attachments in CA API Gateway?

Kindly provide help.

• 2.  Re: Need inputs for throughput sizing for Load balancer and firewall for API Gateway

Posted Dec 18, 2015 03:25 PM

Hi,

You can check the cluster wide property  io.xmlPartMaxBytes on the gateway. The default is around 2.6 MB

We also do a control on the request and response payload by blocking request/response greater than a set value per policy by comparing per policy value with request.mainpart.size and response.mainpart.size

I found this KB file on support site.

https://na32.salesforce.com/articles/Knowledge_Base/Optimizing-the-CA-API-Gateway-for-large-files-and-messages?popup=tru…

Regards,

Anand