Symantec Privileged Access Management

• 1.  CA PIM case senstive sreach

Posted Dec 22, 2015 05:12 AM

Hello

a costumer  CA PIM 12.9 , ENTM Linux RH of course , the managed endpoint is mixed environment (Windows, Unix, AIX ..etc)

since They moved from CM 12.8 (ENTM was on Win2012) into 12.9, they have issue , when searching for an endpoint (in world view , selecting policy ,, etc) from case sensitive.

if they type the endpoint in small case , not all the requested endpoint appear , or appear on the SAM icon , while searching with the name in Upper letters, show most endpoints with both icons (AC and SAM )

for example , this search done on small case for the(hom*) machine:

small case.jpg

while this one with all upper case for the same:

upper case.jpg

any solution to make the search case insensitive ?, so same result appear whatever the user use character state in his search this eliminate all confusion happened since they moved to 12.9 on Linux

note: in policy assigning for example the small case does not return any result like the following (this case I am searching for a policy)

small case policy.png

but when using Upper letter (the policy name we use WIN in upper letter)

Upper case policy.png

Thanks

• 2.  Re: CA PIM case senstive sreach

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 23, 2015 09:25 AM

Hi Abdel,

Do we know how did the client move from R12.8 to R12.9? If I am not wrong, there was a query related to "upgrade from R12.8 to R12.9" which is not a supported use case (not certified). The only way to move from R12.8 to R12.9 is migration. (I guess you did go thru the migration process as in here)

Also one recommendation is to have an additional distribution server in place on a Windows OS, this distribution server would cater to all the Windows endpoints.

The use case that you have presented in here needs to be verified and I would request opening a support case for this a the time for investigation would be quite a bit and difficult to answer in here.

Do let us know your thoughts on this.

Thanks and Regards,

Reatesh.

• 3.  Re: CA PIM case senstive sreach

Posted Dec 23, 2015 07:37 PM

Hi Sanghi

yes i did go thru the migration process from 12.8 to 12.9 , which was not very successful , but i worked, although i didn't know about any query regarding this case.

couple weeks ago i did create a distribution server on windows, but yet i did not know how exactly to use it and get the very best of it !!!

I posted here this case, to know if someone face it and if there is some well known solution for it , or something on the platform to get over it,,, but if the case need support assistance ,, i will open a support case.

and when it end and there are a solution for it , i will post here , so everyone know this (even if it was mistake that i have done and lead to this )

thanks

• 4.  Re: CA PIM case senstive sreach
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 28, 2015 09:38 AM

Hi Abdel,

Opening a support case would be good and then when we have the solution, surely it would help everyone in the community.

Thanks and Regards,

Reatesh.