AnsweredAssumed Answered

Need to be able to view resources without viewing allocations

Question asked by ClareLeonard76040337 on Dec 22, 2015
Latest reply on Dec 23, 2015 by ClareLeonard76040337

Is there a way, via access rights, to allow users to view a Resource, but not view their allocations? 

We have an attribute called "Business Contact" on our project records that is a look up of the resource list. The Business Contact field is just a reference; Business Contacts typically do not have any allocations on the project. The Business Contact could theoretically be anyone in the company (because groups do work for other groups and vice versa).  Therefore, Project Managers need to have Global Resource - View -All rights in order to be able to fill in and edit that field. 

At the same time, we don't want all PMs to see resource allocations across groups; we want that restricted by OBS (Group A can see allocations in group A only; Group B in Group B only; etc).  It seems this is in conflict with being able to view all resources.  I thought that by setting access rights at the OBS level for Resource - View Book it would allow users to see a list of resources, to select those resources for the Business  Contact field, but that, for example, the Allocations tab on a given resource would be hidden if that resource was outside the OBS unit(s) the user had access to.  This doesn't appear to be the case.

Am I missing something; is there some other combination of access rights that will do what I need?

Thanks.

Outcomes