Clarity

• 1.  How to enable log on reports?

Posted Dec 23, 2015 01:09 PM

Hi All,

Could you please help me how can we enable logs on reports?

I tried Administration-->Reports and Jobs page when we click on New button, we have below screen

When we select Executable Type as "Report" Enable Log check box will disappear. If we select Java or PMD or SQL Stored Procedure or XBL we will get Enable Log option.

And I have verified below KB article:

http://www.ca.com/us/support/ca-support-online/product-content/knowledgebase-articles/tec435586.aspx

As per this article The Report definition must have the 'Enable Log' option checked for the Report to show up in the Library.

Can we enable log on Report? If Yes how can we enable log on reports? Your response is highly appreciate.  Thank you.

• 2.  Re: How to enable log on reports?

Posted Dec 23, 2015 07:23 PM

if you just want to see what was run do this:

• go to the CMC
    • find the report
    • right click and select history

You can also run queries against the db of the report server, but i'll save that for another day

• 3.  Re: How to enable log on reports?

Posted Dec 24, 2015 02:15 AM

Hi Andrew, Thanks for your response. As a admin I will go to CMC and verify history.

My question is related to non admins.

In Home-->Reports and Jobs page, when any user schedule any report and specifies any shared resources or shared groups that report will appear in the report library for the specified resources or groups.

To achieve this The report definition must have the 'Enable Log' option checked for the report to show up in the library. But I am unable to enable log on the reports. More over we are unable to see any reports under "Report Library" section also.

For more details see below article:

http://www.ca.com/us/support/ca-support-online/product-content/knowledgebase-articles/tec435586.aspx

• 4.  Re: How to enable log on reports?

Posted Dec 24, 2015 06:39 AM

Just wondering again....

How might the product have been designed?

For jobs it might be beneficial to know if the job ran, when it ran, completed successfully etc. as jobs typically modify the data in the system.

Reports on the other hand do not modify the data.

They are typically run either immediately so the user who ran the report know if the report ran or not (either he or she gets the report displayed or not). The same could apply to the shared resources,too.

Or the report is run scheduled in which case the user who scheduled it and the users who were shared to the report would see that in the report in library after it has been run or at least a record for it.

So I think the product is working as designed when the Enable log box is not there for the reports.

Why might you want to log reports?

Are you after who ran this report? There have been discussion threads about that..

• 5.  Re: How to enable log on reports?

Posted Dec 28, 2015 05:13 AM

Hi Urmas,

When users want schedule a report and mention shared resources/groups in the schedule page, those shared resources/groups people able to see these reports under "Reports Library" Category(As per design). As a shared resource i am unable to see those reports under "Reports Library".

Because these reports are not "Enable Log" option. Thank you.