I'm trying to set this up:
I see instructions here for what you do, but I'm mildly confused on the wording: Using an HTTP/S Proxy Server - DevTest Workstation - DevTest Solutions - 9.0 - CA Technologies Documentation
I am going to ask my questions INLINE in another color. I copied the instructions from the wiki page below.
If you are using a plain HTTP proxy server or an SSL-secured HTTP proxy server, define that proxy server and any hosts to exclude in the local.properties file in LISA_HOME.
Follow these steps:
- Log on to the host where DevTest Workstation is installed. <-- Can I assume by default that this means I can push traffic to the VSE through a proxy?
- Navigate to LISA_HOME.
- If local.properties does not exist, copy _local.properties and save the copy as local.properties (without the underscore).
- Open local.properties for edit and locate the section header for either HTTP Proxy Server or HTTPS Proxy Server, depending on whether your proxy server uses plain HTTP or is SSL-secured.
- Identify your proxy server by FQDN or IP address and port:
- For an HTTP server, use the lisa.http.webProxy.host and lisa.http.webProxy.port properties
- For an HTTPS server, use the lisa.http.webProxy.ssl.host and lisa.http.webProxy.ssl.port properties
- Identify any hosts to exclude from going through your proxy server: <-- what does this mean?
- For an HTTP server, use the lisa.http.webProxy.nonProxyHosts property
- For an HTTPS server, use the lisa.http.webProxy.ssl.nonProxyHosts property
- Verify that you removed the comment symbols in front of the properties.
- Save the file and exit.
From the side where the HTTPS proxy server is... What do I need to do with that since this doesn't use IIS? do I need LISA installed there as well?