Can anybody suggest how to call customized jar file added in hotdeploy folder through LISA step ? what all parameters we have to provide ? any sample example of calling step ? Please advice.
Have you tried the developer guide that comes with LISA/DevTest?
Not sure what version of the Product you are on.
If LISA, refer to the Developer Guide.
If DevTest, refer to the SDK, example for DevTest 8.5.0: Using the SDK - DevTest Solutions - 8.5 - CA Technologies Documentation
Hope this helps.
I have implemented as per the Developer Guide . I am getting null pointer exception when I use java script step .
I am using LISA 7.5
Still checking on deploying jar file and implementing . My code is working in Eclipse but not getting how to use that cide in LISA .
You can use Dynamic Java Execution step to use custom classes in Devtest.
I use groovy scripting, and then import classes just like Java.. works fine.
As ankush suggested you can use Dynamic java Execution step.
Below is the step by step process for it:
1. Add a step "Dynamic java Execution".
2. Click on Button with "..." it will list all the classes with the package name. So you need to navigate to your class.
3. Click on button " Construct/Load Object".
4. In Object Editor, under Call sheet tab, you will see all the functions that you have created with its return type and expected arguments type.
5. Double click on the function that you want to call and provide the value to the arguments, if any. Also You can pass property for the same.
Note: You can toggle between normal and expert mode. In Expert Mode, You will get an option to save the result in a property and assert it.
6. Click on Execute or you can execute it using ITR as well.
Hope that helps.
Retrieving data ...