Clarity

• 1.  CA PPM 14.3 Training Update

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 31, 2015 03:09 PM

Happy New Year from CA Education!  Here’s a quick end-of-year update on training for CA PPM 14.3.

Courses for the following topics are available now.  They all have multiple delivery methods to fit your training needs!

• Core Components
    • Time Management
    • Project and Investment Management
    • Resource Management
    • Portfolio Management
    • Financial Management
    • Demand Management

Courses above are offered as:

• Instructor or Virtually Led (Traditional classroom or virtual learning)
    • Dynamic Labs (Self-paced labs that include study guide and image)
    • OnDemand Web Based Training (WBTs enhanced with CA PA to simulate lab activity)
    • CA PA content (CA Productivity Accelerator content with SEE IT, TRY IT, DO IT modes)

Reminder that we also now offer a FREE Cumulative Differences web based training for 14.x!

For more details on what’s available now or coming soon*, you can view the CA PPM 14.3 Learning Path.

To learn more about certifications for the CA PPM Proven Professional or Business Analyst Certification.

*Coming soon courses will be out over the next 4-8 weeks.

• 2.  Re: CA PPM 14.3 Training Update

Posted Dec 31, 2015 03:18 PM

Thank you for sharing this information with the community Lisa. Happy New Year!

Lisa Cummins wrote:

Happy New Year from CA Education!  Here’s a quick end-of-year update on training for CA PPM 14.3.

Courses for the following topics are available now.  They all have multiple delivery methods to fit your training needs!

• Core Components
    • Time Management
    • Project and Investment Management
    • Resource Management
    • Portfolio Management
    • Financial Management
    • Demand Management

Courses above are offered as:

• Instructor or Virtually Led (Traditional classroom or virtual learning)
    • Dynamic Labs (Self-paced labs that include study guide and image)
    • OnDemand Web Based Training (WBTs enhanced with CA PA to simulate lab activity)
    • CA PA content (CA Productivity Accelerator content with SEE IT, TRY IT, DO IT modes)

Reminder that we also now offer a FREE Cumulative Differences web based training for 14.x!

For more details on what’s available now or coming soon*, you can view the CA PPM 14.3 Learning Path.

To learn more about certifications for the CA PPM Proven Professional or Business Analyst Certification.

*Coming soon courses will be out over the next 4-8 weeks.

• 3.  Re: CA PPM 14.3 Training Update

Posted Dec 31, 2015 04:21 PM

Thanks Lisa. We love CAPA and baking the Know It mode into our MBOs. Up next we'll need to roll out Advanced Reporting. We were told a CAPA Module for Advanced Reporting would be forthcoming. Any news on this? We're ready to buy today.

Thanks!

Rob

• 4.  Re: CA PPM 14.3 Training Update

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 31, 2015 04:27 PM

Hi Rob,

We are currently updating the “Advanced Reporting” course for 14.1 and adding 2 related courses, 1 on DataWarehouse Administration and 1 for Building Custom reports but was not planning on building CA PA content.  I appreciate your feedback and will bring this back to the team for discussion.

Thanks and Happy New Year!

Lisa Cummins

• 5.  Re: CA PPM 14.3 Training Update

Posted Dec 31, 2015 05:25 PM

Thanks Lisa. Since DataWarehouse Administration & Building Custom Reports target an organization's CA PPM support staff, these are probably best left as stand alone classes - no need for CAPA content here. Advanced Reporting's Ad-Hoc capability is different. This is a feature to be used by our business users, something every organization will want all their Project Managers, Resource Managers and other Power Users to become proficient in. This needs a CAPA module the same as today's Project Management, Resource Management, Financials, etc.

During our CAPA sales cycle we were told CAPA content for Advanced Reporting's Ad Hoc capability was forthcoming & this was the deciding factor in our purchase. We knew we had this new feature coming at us & we've been banking on this module to help roll out and support the new capability. *I* sold my organization on CAPA, the Premium Content and the annual maintenance as a means to 'plug in' CA Education's Knowledge for my customers - the business users of CA PPM. If I go back to my organization and say "Sorry! You know that thing CA said they were gonna have for us? They're not - they say we should send hundreds of user through a $1000 class instead" - I'm out of a job.

It doesn't have to be perfect. It doesn't have to be comprehensive. It simply has to be 'good enough' that my users can find their way around the features like every other module. CA PPM doesn't manage projects - people manage projects. The CAPA Project Management module doesn't show them 'how to manage a project' - it shows them what the features do so they can manage their projects. I need the same in a CAPA module for Advanced Reporting.

We need this & we're not alone. Other will need this as well. This is a revenue opportunity - don't leave it on the table. I'll gladly make myself available to chat with whomever about whatever in order to help support this. We bought the ticket - my users are relying on CA Education to deliver this.

Let me know what I can do to help.

Thanks!

• 6.  Re: CA PPM 14.3 Training Update

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 04, 2016 11:37 AM

Good news - I spoke to my team and we will add this to our build plan and hopefully have available by end of March.

• 7.  Re: CA PPM 14.3 Training Update

Posted Jan 04, 2016 02:26 PM

Thanks Lisa. I will circle back with our rep for pricing & availability in April.

• 8.  Re: CA PPM 14.3 Training Update

Posted Jan 04, 2016 02:33 PM

Thanks for sharing this with the community Lisa.

For all of you CA PPM Cookbook followers, this article is also available there too:

http://cookbooks.ca.com/cacppm/2016/01/04/maximize-your-ca-ppm-investment-with-training-from-ca-education/