Symantec IGA

• 1.  Account Template Creation Example

Posted Dec 31, 2015 04:54 PM

CA IDM Verison 12.6.6

I am new bee to CA IDM.

I have done the CA IDM installation    ( CA Directory,CA IDM,CA Provisioning Directory,CA Provisioning Server) all in one Server.

Environment:

User Store : MSSQL Server

Imported the neteAuto Sechema

Endpoint :  Active directory

Lets say my User container in AD is

OU=Users,OU=CAIDM=DC=Demo,DC=internal

From the CA IDM User Console i have created the "Active Directory"  Endpoint

Endpoints-->Manage Endpoints-->Create Endpoint

Not sure the connection is successful or not. Not sure how to perform the connection testin.g

Now during the Account Template creation i am not exactly sure  how to enter details in the Account Container.

Default value:

Account Container  ADSContainer=Users,EndPoint=<ADS Endpoint>,Namespace=ActiveDirectory,Domain=im,Server=Server

User Accounts Filter  eTGlobalUserName=*

In my case what would be Account Container would be?   Because when i select Browse i am not getting any values from the search.  I am not sure the endpoint i created is making successful connection or not.

what should be in User Accounts filter   ?

Any help on this is really appreciated. Example with screenshot would be really help me to understand.

And there is any end to end document/knowledge base is avaibale just for Active Directory setup ?

• 2.  Re: Account Template Creation Example
    Best Answer

Posted Jan 03, 2016 04:49 AM

Hi Laxman

in general , when you created the endpoint , and the system accept that creation without any error , so that successful and your setting is good until now.

more you can view this guide to create good connection with Active directory

How to Connect to Active Directory - CA Identity Management & Governance Connectors - CA Technologies Documentation

after you have created the endpoint , you need to explore and correlate the accounts on this endpoint , and provision them with your user store:

1- create explore and correlate definition for your endpoint Create an Explore and Correlate Definition - CA Identity Manager - 12.6.07 - CA Technologies Documentation , at the first time , when you need to built your UserStore based on your AD , you need to use the option Create users.

2- then do the Explore itself (run your definition ) Explore and Correlate the Endpoint - CA Identity Manager - 12.6.07 - CA Technologies Documentation

after that you may check the task and its result, also you may check the (view users) to see if the users in

(it's good too to read more on synchronization users and roles next to the above link)

The account template you may create in order that you use it with provisioning role to create new user in the active directory with specific group and OU , etc..

that article is very good to give you brief on the account template attributes Attributes in Account Templates - CA Identity Manager - 12.6.07 - CA Technologies Documentation

Best reagrds

• 3.  Re: Account Template Creation Example

Posted Jan 08, 2016 07:06 PM

Appreciate  you reply. That help me to move little further.

• 4.  Re: Account Template Creation Example

Posted Dec 29, 2016 05:30 AM

The links are not working