IT Process Automation

• 1.  create new object in sdm

Posted Jan 05, 2016 03:30 AM

Hello,

Can you tell me please if it is possible to create a new group\Category in the Servicedesk  via Process manager 4.2  ?

• 2.  Re: create new object in sdm

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 05, 2016 12:50 PM

Hi sabsh02,

I assumed you meant Process Automation Manager 4.2 so I have moved this discussion/question to the Process Automation community since it was previously in the CA Automation community (which is for the CA Server Automation product).

Kind regards,

Gregg

• 3.  Re: create new object in sdm

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 06, 2016 08:52 AM

PAM's interaction with Service Desk is through web service calls.  So if there is a web service call for ServiceDesk to create a group or category then PAM can certainly call that.

I believe ServiceDesk includes a web service api doc in the documentation that is included with the software so I would suggest consulting that for a "create group/category" web service.

• 4.  Re: create new object in sdm

Posted Jan 06, 2016 01:18 PM

Yes, you can use the "CreateObject" web service. You just need to pass the factory (Pcat = request category, grp = group, etc.). You would also need to pass the name/value pairs for all the required attributes, of course.

• 5.  Re: create new object in sdm
    Best Answer

Posted Jan 07, 2016 09:49 AM

As Benjamin said, you can use createObject webmethod.

PS : I'M using a french version so maybe i'll not translate everything correctly when i talk about the UI.

1 - Use the "call SOAP method" operator.

2 - Use the WSLD wizard

3 - Enter your WSDL url

4 - select your webmethod

5 - bind the dynamic parameters to your variables (SID = session ID, obtained from your login / objectType = "GRP" in your case if you want to create a group / attrs = attribute to be returned after the creation / attrVals = Attribute to set.

PS : Since everything is sent to SDM via XML, you need to use <string></string> when building your key/value for setting the attribute.

Example : Process.attrVals = "<string>last_name</string><string>My New Group</string><string>supervisor_contact_uuid</string><string>XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX</string>

6 - No matter wich attribute you specified for the "attrs" variable, createObject always return newHandle (it's the persistend_id of your freshly created object! ) (persid = object : ID or UUID, so since the contact/group are using UUID as a unique identifier and the group object name is GRP, newHandle should looks like : grp:E1FD3456EABC346E. Keep it somewhere, if you are creating group, pretty sure you will add member to this group right after!

6.1 - To get the newHandle from the return, you need to check the checkbox "Extract SOAP response bodyto a variable" in the Call results section. Click "Add" at the bottom of the Call results section, and as the XPath expression write : //newHandle, and as the Dataset variable : specify your variable in wich you want the returned persid.

7 - If you want to add member to this group, you can use the createObject webMethod and create "grpmem" object. You will need group persid and contact persid to create a grpmem object. So you will need doSelect method to get the contact persid.

Ok, pretty sure i wrote way to much, and you will probably not understand everything. But try it, and everything will start to make sense as your learn!