CA Service Management

• 1.  Execute perl script from spel

Posted Jan 05, 2016 11:03 AM

Hi, it seems that SDM is able to execute perl functions from spel code. For example auto_assign routine calls cr::auto_assign_site_p method that is defined in auto_site.pm. I tried every method for calling spel methods that is known for me, but witthout success. Maybe someone is aware how to do this.

• 2.  Re: Execute perl script from spel

Posted Jan 05, 2016 01:27 PM

hi Gutis,

as I remembered I checked that function a year ago,

and there was regular exec function and pdm_perl app... nothing special...

• 3.  Re: Execute perl script from spel

Posted Jan 05, 2016 01:33 PM

Are you sure? cr::auto_assign_site_p Receives object, user and group arguments from spel and returns user and group to spel, this way you can define site modifications to auto assign functionality. Since exec is not able to get results i don't think that in this case it is used.

• 4.  Re: Execute perl script from spel

Posted Jan 05, 2016 04:12 PM

It seem even bop_cmd can execute perl scripts. If you will examine bop_cmd you will found the following:

The utility invokes the specified method with the specified arguments.  and <filename> must end in '.pm'.   where <filename> is the path to a file containing perl code      -f <filename> "method( 'arg1', 'arg2',...)"    Invoke it with a command of the form:   a:d:f:g:hnrlu:v bop_cmd-%p  This utility executes a perl script that can utilize BOP extensions.

• 5.  Re: Execute perl script from spel

Posted Jan 05, 2016 04:25 PM

ok actualy utility that executes perl methods is bop_pcmd

• 6.  Re: Execute perl script from spel

Posted Jan 13, 2016 06:05 PM

Ok it seems that there is no hope to discover how to execute perl subroutines from spel code.

• 7.  Re: Execute perl script from spel
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 09, 2016 05:51 PM

Actualy they can be executed as normal spel scripts.