Environment: 14.1 CA SD, 6 Application server, 1 BG and Standby Server, 1 APP DMZ.
We have an application DMZ server and we have to enable HTTPS in this server. Customer has provided us with 2 certificates(with .cer extensions).
I tried to install the same using below steps:
1. Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager
2. Click on the server name.
3. From the center menu, double-click the "Server Certificates" button in the "IIS" section.
4. From the "Actions" menu (on the right), click on "Complete Certificate Request..." This will open the Complete Certificate Request wizard.
5. Fill in the detail and click ok.
6. Once the SSL Certificate has been successfully installed to the server, you will need to assign that certificate to the appropriate website using IIS.
7. From the "Connections" menu in the main Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager window, select the name of the server to which the certificate was installed.
8. Under "Sites," select the site to be secured with SSL.
9. From the "Actions" menu (on the right), click on "Bindings..." This will open the "Site Bindings" window.
10. In the "Site Bindings" window, click "Add..." This will open the "Add Site Binding" window.
11. Under "Type" choose https. The IP address should be the IP address of the site or All Unassigned, and the port over which traffic will be secured
by SSL is usually 443. The "SSL Certificate" field should specify the certificate that was installed.
12. Click "OK."
Here it threw an error saying intermediate certificate is required and hence followed steps(https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/954755)
to include the intermediate certificate.
13. Your SSL certificate is now installed, and the website configured to accept secure connections.
However post performing this, when tried to open the SDM Website, it say page cannot be displayed.
Can some1 please guide if I have missed any steps or have any document/link to enable SSL in IIS 8 as well as tomcat.
I went through below link for IIS however I couldnt find p7b and pfx files.