Gen EDGE

• 1.  open model by Toolset 8.0 form HE 8.5 ?

Posted Jan 10, 2016 03:54 AM

Hi All;

Once I upgrade the HE from CA Gen 8.0 to CA Gen 8.5 and convert the models

IS it  possible to download and open models by Toolset 8.0 and generate it ??

I have some hardware limitation in production need to use internet explorer 6.0

Which support only by Toolset 8.0

• 2.  Re: open model by Toolset 8.0 form HE 8.5 ?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 10, 2016 06:18 AM

hi t-kamal,

I am afraid it is not possible but please try and let us know what message , error , warning you see.

<updated>

As John has mentioned that both 8.0 and 8.5 share the schema so it should be possible to download and open the model by toolset 8.0 .

because model conversion updates the schema level of a model to the Current Schema from prior or second prior schema and add objects and associations, and update properties in a model if it requires.

once the schema is changed old Schema workstation cannot work on models or subsets in the Current Schema and vice-versa.

for more reference please see the below links:

Model Conversion in the Host Encyclopedia - CA Gen - 8.5 - CA Technologies Documentation .

Model Conversion - CA Gen - 8.5 - CA Technologies Documentation

Backup and Restore Model - CA Gen - 8.5 - CA Technologies Documentation

Regards,

Amit

• 3.  Re: open model by Toolset 8.0 form HE 8.5 ?

Posted Jan 10, 2016 01:01 PM

Since both Gen 8.0 and 8.5 use the same model schema (9.2.A6), you can open models in an 8.0 toolset that have been downloaded from an 8.5 encyclopedia.  Note that all 8.x releases of Gen share the same schema, just as all 7.x releases shared the same schema and all 6.x releases share the same schema but 6.x models cannot be opened in Gen 8.x or Gen 7.x toolsets and 7.x models cannot be opened by 6.x or 8.x toolsets.  However, there may be objects that were added with 8.5 that are specific to 8.5 which you will not see in the 8.0 toolset (for example, new objects are added to models to support the CALL EXTERNAL Web Service statement) and if you've used the 8.5 toolset to add new functionality items to the model (such as the Inline Code statement), they will also not be able to be processed by the 8.0 toolset.  But for the most part, if you have not made in manual changes to the model (other than model conversion), the model should be editable by both 8.0 and 8.5.

• 4.  Re: open model by Toolset 8.0 form HE 8.5 ?

Posted Jan 11, 2016 03:55 AM

Thanks john for this information you confirmed my previous information by yes I can

However I have scenario for models in the same scheme (9.2.A6) but did not open 

1. Download model form HE 8.0
    2. Open models by Toolset 8.0
    3. Close  and Re Open the model by Tool set 8.5

Warring message

“The models will be update to support more than 64k strings which reset a change in the. DAT files …………

Do you want to continue?”

By click ok models open successfully by toolset 8.5

w1[1].jpg

4.Close and re open the model  by Toolset 8.0

Error massage

“RDWT: cannot read control file for date code - 111”

Toolset closed and model did not open

E1[2].jpg

• 5.  Re: open model by Toolset 8.0 form HE 8.5 ?

Posted Jan 11, 2016 04:32 AM

Once a checkout.TRN has been expanded into local DAT files using a particular version of the toolset, then that is the only version of the toolset that can use those DAT files. If you want to switch between  versions of the toolset, then you have to perform a fresh checkout from the Ency and then expand that checkout.TRN file with the desired version of the toolset.

You are trying to use DAT files expanded with Gen 8.5 in a Gen 8.0 toolset; this will not work.

• 6.  Re: open model by Toolset 8.0 form HE 8.5 ?

Posted Jan 11, 2016 05:21 AM

Thanks Kevin

It clears for me now and that  the only exception when you try to open model

By different tool set in the same schema