CA Service Management

• 1.  Busines Units in Service catalog

Posted Jan 15, 2016 07:55 AM

Dear All,

We were planning to implement Business units for our client where we have only one business now however the plan is to have a hierarchy.

I was refering to the below link where it says we can see only the services of my parent business unit. But i want if we have a relation like SP-->A-->B-->C, per document user belonging to business unit C can only see the services of its parent which is B here.

Manage Business Units and Tenant Administration - CA Service Management - 14.1 - CA Technologies Documentation

But we need a setup which works like this...

User belongs to business Unit B, should be able to see all the services under B,A and SP

User belongs to Business unit X , should be able to see the services from X, R, P and SP.

In short, all the services at his business units and its parents and its parents so on till it reaches the root.

Please let me know if any one have any thoughts to address this. thanks!

Regards

Sharath.M

• 2.  Re: Busines Units in Service catalog

Posted Jan 22, 2016 09:53 AM

Hi Sharath,

You should be able to leverage 'Pass Through Catalog' (Catalog > Configuration > Change Business Unit > <select sub bu> > Catalog Configuration). From Catalog Configuration - CA Service Management - 14.1 - CA Technologies Documentation

• Pass Through Catalog
      Specifies whether to include the catalog of the parent business unit.
      If you select this option, the parent catalog is passed down to the child business unit. This setting is useful in a multiple-level business unit organization. This setting applies only to the settings for a child business unit.
      Default: No

Thanks!

Jason

• 3.  Re: Busines Units in Service catalog

Posted Jan 28, 2016 03:10 AM

Hi,

I have similar requirement like this and I had used push thourgh option. If we take example tree above, If I use push through I would be able to see SP(root) services in B,not services of A also. Some where hierachy of SP->A->B doesnt flow.

Also I observe if I set option in catalog , where child can have there own catalog.For example if I create some new services in A I am not able to see those services in my request area. I can only see Services of SP.

I was wondering why I am not able to see services created in my own child Business unit(I;e A Child business unit).

• 4.  Re: Busines Units in Service catalog

Posted Feb 03, 2016 12:17 PM

Hi!

My understanding is 'Pass through catalog' simply carries down the parent Catalog (i.e. SP) and does not include BU A's offerings when logged into BU B . I could suggest defining your offerings within the SP BU and leverage permissions to control which BUs have access. Otherwise I would recommend raising an Idea to possibly allow for this functionality to be included within a future release.

Also, Catalog use the Service Provider model which means the logged in user will see the offerings defined in the parent BU (one BU above) unless 'Pass through Catalog' or 'Use Service Provider Catalog Only' are enabled.

Thanks,

Jason

• 5.  Re: Busines Units in Service catalog

Posted Feb 09, 2016 06:46 AM

So as per my understanding if  we have to create a parent and child relationship ,child services should be defined in parent BU. Both root and parent services cant be inherited to child. Either it will parent ,if we use push through option child  can see root services, not the parent services.

• 6.  Re: Busines Units in Service catalog

Posted Feb 09, 2016 11:36 AM

Correct.