Clarity

Chat Transcript - CA PPM Office Hours: A Live Online Chat (January 2016)

• 1.  Chat Transcript - CA PPM Office Hours: A Live Online Chat (January 2016)

Posted Jan 14, 2016 05:34 PM

Miss the January PPM Office Hours - Online Chat? Check out what you missed below and be sure to join us in February for the next session!

from Chris Hackett (CA) to Everyone:

Hi Everyone - We'll be starting in just a couple minutes.

OK - We're ready to start! Fire away!

from Lowell to Everyone:

For Jaspersoft Report Design - can you create a hierarchy lookup?  (Look at custom Task Charge Code, if that is filled in use that, otherwise, look at Task Cost Type, if that is CAP, use Project CAP Charge Code, if that is EXP, use Project EXP Charge code)>>>

from Lowell to Everyone:

How would you set that up?

The CA PPM Product Survey is Live – Rank Us, Rate Us, Let Your Voice Be Heard! https://communities.ca.com/thread/241743772from Nika Hadzhikidi (CA) to Everyone:

@Lowell : you mean Parameterized lookup, which depends on another lookup's values? And you want to add this as Input control in the Report Filter?

Any more questions for the team?

from Atul K to Everyone:

In Jaspersoft, we can do report security on role and user. Is it possible to setup groups in Clarity and interface them to Jaspersoft?

from Atul K to Everyone:

I mean Jasperserver

from Nika Hadzhikidi (CA) to Everyone:

@Atul : Currently it's only possible to copy users over from Clarity to Jaspersoft, this is not possible for Groups. You may raise this as idea on our Communities page if you want, so this gets reviewed and added to future versions.

from Mike McCabe to Everyone:

I have a followup on Lowell's question - is there any impact on performance of either parameters loading or the reports running if using cascading filters ?

from Atul K to Everyone:

@Nika. Thanks. Will do.

from Lowell to Everyone:

@Nika: For our BOE environment, we put in a custom "Derived Table" with the following query:

@Mike : there might be a little overhead, but this has be tested. Please note we have included performance improvements for Input Controls in Patch 7 on Clarity PPM 14.2, so it might be worth it installing it.

from Venita to Everyone:

Where can I find detailed documentation on JasperMobile? And, is there a demo of it available?

from Janet Ulrich to Everyone:

Is there an updated data model for the Data Warehouse for CA PPM 14.3?

from candy to Everyone:

We had a custom report created by CA but there are no filters to search which project you want to report for.  We have to go one by one to find the project we want to run the report for. The only thing I noticed is that it is in order project number but this is time consuming.  Is there a way to setup up filters on this report we had created by CA or are there limits with jaspersoft concerning filters.  Please advise. 

from Jane Ward to Everyone:

Where are saved report parameters stored?

Does a user have access to view only their saved parameters or all users' saved parameters?

from Atul K to Everyone:

Can we launch a Jasperreport through an action item?

from John W. George (CA Technologies) to Everyone:

@Venita - You will find the documentation for JasperMobile Mobile App here: https://docops.ca.com/display/CCPPMOP143/JasperMobile+Mobile+App

@Janet - we have the technical schema for 14.3 Data Warehouse database available in the Documentation. Please check it out here: https://docops.ca.com/ca-ppm/14-3/reference/technical-reference

from Ramana to Everyone:

Is there way to pass a derived value in a Gel Script from one step/action to another step/action's Gel Script in a  Process without using the database table?

from John W. George (CA Technologies) to Everyone:

@Venita - And, you will also find that a demo is available, discussed in the docs link I just sent you.

from Nick Darlington (CA) to Everyone:

@Ramana: There is a gel:persist tag that can be used for keeping the value of a variable throughout the process instance and available in other GEL scripts in other steps and actions

@Candy : Filters can be added to custom reports yes, so I would advise you check with the person who developed the report. Otherwise you may try copying the report and customizing it in Jaspersoft Studio too.from candy to Everyone:

Thank you - will do.

@Ramana: information on the tag is available here: https://docops.ca.com/ca-ppm/14-3/reference/xml-open-gateway-xog-development/gel-tag-library-reference/gel-tag-library   check the 'scope' attribute of the tag in particular:  scope

Required. Specifies the scope of the variable.

Values:

◦GLOBAL. Set once, use it anywhere.

◦PROCESS. Set once, use it anywhere in the same process.

◦INSTANCE. Set once, use it anywhere in the same process during the current execution.

from Ramana to Everyone:

@Nick: Thanks

from Janet Ulrich to Everyone:

@Nika Thank you!

@Jane: The report parameters will be stored in Jaspersoft database, I believe in table JIREPORTJOBPARAMETER. Saved parameters are not per user, but per report. This has been raised with Jaspersoft as an enhancement request.

from Atul K to Everyone:

In 14.2 it was possible to launch the report in Portlet. It doesn't see to work in 14.3. Is there tricks you can share on this?

@Atul: are you referring to the Idea that Georg proposed here? https://communities.ca.com/ideas/235720205

so - with a large user base, and for the "popular reports" we could have well over 100 if not more....has Jaspersoft given any indication as to when this might be addressed?

from Lowell to Everyone:

@Nika - In BOE, we created a Derived Table with a query.  We connect this query to the Investment table and can pull out their custom Charge Code entry

01/14/2016    10:30:49 AM    from Nika Hadzhikidi (CA) to Everyone:

@Atul : Starting a Jaspersoft report with an Action Item is not currently possible. There is an idea on our Communities, please go ahead and vote for it: https://communities.ca.com/ideas/235720205

It's currently in review by our Product Management. Hope this helps!

from Atul K to Everyone:

@Nika. Ok. Thanks. Is it possible to show in a portlet?

from Atul K to Everyone:

in 14.3

@Atul : It's not possible yet, no.

from Lowell to Everyone:

@Atul - for the Report rights in Jaspersoft, you grant those entirely through the Clarity Administration side.  You can grant them at Global or Instance

Where can users save report output?

Can storage locations be predefined and defaulted for each user in a shared location?

from Atul K to Everyone:

@Nika. Ok. Thanks

@Jane : Yes, I understand many parameters might be an issue. I'll verify the status and let you know.

from Atul K to Everyone:

Is it possible XOG a list of Projects to My Projects list?

from Kathryn Ellis (CA) to Everyone:

@Atul : Cannot be done.

from Atul K to Everyone:

@Kathryn. Ok. Thanks.

@Lowell : thanks for clarifying. It looks like what you need it to create a cascading input controls. You may check out the OBS Input control (as an example). The OBS Unit IC references the OBS Type IC. From the report side you may use IF-THEN-ELSE for examples to handle the parameter values. We have some examples in the OOTB reports, you may check some of the financial ones

from Lowell to Everyone:

@Nika any ideas on having a Case type statement in Jaspersoft Reports?

from Lowell to Everyone:

case when tk.cost_type = 'CAPITAL' then lkc.id

when tk.cost_type = 'OPERATING' then lke.id

end) as chargecode_id,

nvl(tskc.trg_tkc,

case when tk.cost_type = 'CAPITAL' then lkc.lookup_code

when tk.cost_type = 'OPERATING' then lke.lookup_code

end) as chargecode_external_id,

nvl(lk.name,

case when tk.cost_type = 'CAPITAL' then lkc.name

when tk.cost_type = 'OPERATING' then lke.name

end) as chargecode_name,

hi - did you see my question above about report output?  thanks

We're answering the remaining questions (well @Nika is) and beginning to wrap up. Thank you all for participating today and please join us back here in February!

from candy to Everyone:

Thank you - looking foward to the next live chat:)

from Lowell to Everyone:

@Nika - can we make a "global" value that users have access to, rather than making each user create their own "if-then-else" or "case" statement in order to get this particular hierarchy?

from Lowell to Everyone:

Question about the Report Template:  How do I load report Templates?  When I choose "create new report", the Templates are blank.  When I browse to a Template, it gives the error, "Please, select a template"

from Lowell to Everyone:

XOG question:  When you XOG update a Team member (change to "not open for Time" on the Project Team) and do not include the "Allocations", the Allocations disappear.  Is there a flag to keep other entries with this Team record when using XOG?

Thanks again everyone! If we don't get an answer to your question here today please do pose the question to the community in the Discussions. https://communities.ca.com/community/ca-clarity/content?filterID=contentstatus%5Bpublished%5D~objecttype~objecttype%5Bthread%5D

@Lowell: XOG records aren't meant to be chopped or minimized, if the data would be there when you XOG the data out, it should stay there for when it is to be XOG'd back in (or updated) again

@Lowell: So no flag or setting to do that

from Lowell to Everyone:

@Nick - how do I read out a XOG into a parse statement and then edit all the flags from "openfortime="true"" to "openfortime="false""?

@Lowell: Typically I would recommend you actually do XOG the record out, make the change to the XML as you want it, and then put it back in again.. what you want to do can be done with a GEL script using gel:set tags to alter the attribute values

from Lowell to Everyone:

@Nick, I will look into "Parsing XOG Read results" in the forums

from Connie Fu (CA) to Everyone:

@Lowell you would need to include the team allocation. In addition, partial allocation XOG will wipe out the rest of the allocations if they are not included in the XOG write