Layer7 API Management

• 1.  Default proxy for route assertion

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 21, 2016 10:28 AM

Hi CA API Management community !

My question is related to enhancing my "route via HTTP(S)" assertion.

In my environment I have to precise a proxy configuration for all my outside LAN connections.

Is there a way to configure a default outbound HTTP(S) connection proxy ? The main benefit is to prevent a service developper to forget to configure this point in its "Route via HTTP(s)" assertions.

Thank you

• 2.  Re: Default proxy for route assertion

Posted Jan 22, 2016 11:42 AM

Hello Nicolas

You can setup a default proxy under the Policy Manager, Tasks -> Manage HTTP Options.  Does this answer your question?

Regards

Christopher Clark

CA Support

• 3.  Re: Default proxy for route assertion

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 25, 2016 01:47 PM

Hi ChristopherClark,

Thank you for your feedback.

I also thought I can resolve my question using this wizzard. In fact this not work : if you refer to Manage HTTP Options - CA API Gateway - 8.3 - CA Technologies Documentation

"The HTTP options do not apply to HTTP routing, only to other HTTP(S) connections."

I also tested it, adding a default proxy via this wizzard, removing the proxy configuration in one of my route assertion configuration and the connection failed.

Maybe I just misused this "Manage HTTP Options wizzard", could someone help me properly using it ?

THank you

• 4.  Re: Default proxy for route assertion
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 26, 2016 12:38 AM

Nicolas,

The Manage HTTP Options is only used for connection to retrieve WSDL, Schema files, and other non HTTP Routing assertion connections. There is not the capability to set a default HTTP Proxy within a cluster property or within the HTTP routing assertion.   You could generate a new encapsulated assertion that has the HTTP Routing assertion in it with the proxy set and the values used in the assertion set from predefined input variables.

Sincerely,

Stephen Hughes

Director, CA Support

• 5.  Re: Default proxy for route assertion

Posted Jul 26, 2018 10:23 AM

Hi,

we have the same problem within the "Validate Certificate" assertion when we use the "Revocation Checking" option.

In this configuration the Rest Gateway try to reach the CRL, but without the proxy cannot be routed to Internet.

Is there another way to configure a default Proxy for all assertions? Or to add the "proxy" feature to Validate Assertion (and to Require SSL or TLS Trasnport with Client Certificate Authentication).

Thanks