TPX Session Management for z/OS

Expand all | Collapse all

Hi, Could someone help me here? one of our applications was running on Windows XP machine and we switched to Windows 7 and XCOM has been installed on new machine. When i try to run the applicatio on win7 machine, we are egtting this xcom error messahe --

• 1.  Hi, Could someone help me here? one of our applications was running on Windows XP machine and we switched to Windows 7 and XCOM has been installed on new machine. When i try to run the applicatio on win7 machine, we are egtting this xcom error messahe --

Posted Jan 21, 2016 11:20 AM

Hi, Could someone help me here? one of our applications was running on Windows XP machine and we switched to Windows 7 and XCOM has been installed on new machine. When i try to run the applicatio on win7 machine, we are egtting this xcom error messahe --

#XCOMN0298E Unable to allocate remote transaction program: Txpi  211: Socket connect error return value = 10061

#XCOMN0031I Cannot process an SNA/APPC transfer from  XCOMTCP

• 2.  Re: Hi, Could someone help me here? one of our applications was running on Windows XP machine and we switched to Windows 7 and XCOM has been installed on new machine. When i try to run the applicatio on win7 machine, we are egtting this xcom error messahe

Posted Jan 21, 2016 11:23 AM

Hi, Could someone help me here? one of our applications was running on Windows XP machine and we switched to Windows 7 and XCOM has been installed on new machine. When i try to run the application on win7 machine, we are getting this xcom error message --

#XCOMN0298E Unable to allocate remote transaction program: Txpi  211: Socket connect error return value = 10061

• 3.  Re: Hi, Could someone help me here? one of our applications was running on Windows XP machine and we switched to Windows 7 and XCOM has been installed on new machine. When i try to run the applicatio on win7 machine, we are egtting this xcom error messahe
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 21, 2016 01:31 PM

Hi Saroj,

It looks like, XCOM is unable to connect to remote XCOM server.  Socket error #10061 means "Connection Refused" by partner.  Please check if remote XCOM server is alive and running on the correct port.

This error occurs when you try to run SNA transfers using XCOMTCP.exe rather than XCOM62.exe. If you intend to run TCPIP transfer, then use XCOMTCP.exe with PROTOCOL=TCPIP parameter.

If you want to run TCPIP transfers, then I would suggest to set the following global parameters in %XCOM_HOME%\config\xcom.glb file.

TP_CMD=

#   Command to start transaction program.

PROTOCOL=TCPIP

#   The default protocol to use for a transfer.

Recycle the XCOM service once global parameters are saved.

Also review the following parameter in %XCOM_HOME%\config\xcom.cnf

PROTOCOL=TCPIP

#   Type of communications protocol to use.  Valid values are SNA and TCPIP.

Hope this helps!

Thanks,

Machhindra

XCOM Development Team

• 4.  Re: Hi, Could someone help me here? one of our applications was running on Windows XP machine and we switched to Windows 7 and XCOM has been installed on new machine. When i try to run the applicatio on win7 machine, we are egtting this xcom error messahe

Posted Jan 21, 2016 04:19 PM

Hi Machhindra,

Thanks for your reply.

remote system is running fine. When we run the application on old machine (XP machine), it is running fine. Now we changed the system as there is no support for XP, we are getting this error message. Is this something we change in any config file? do we need to add XCOM path in system variable? Please help me here. Thanks

• 5.  Re: Hi, Could someone help me here? one of our applications was running on Windows XP machine and we switched to Windows 7 and XCOM has been installed on new machine. When i try to run the applicatio on win7 machine, we are egtting this xcom error messahe

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 21, 2016 07:37 PM

Hello Saroj,

The XCOM_HOME system environmental variable is automatically setup as part of the installation process and can be verified by viewing the Windows System Properties under the Advanced  tab by clicking on the Environmental Variables button.

Can you tell us which version of CA XCOM Data Transport for Windows you are you running? This can be achieved by issuing the following command from your %XCOM_HOME% which is the directory in which the XCOM application has been installed .

From a command prompt issue:

*  cd %XCOM_HOME%

• xcomqm -r

You should see something like:

XCOMQM: CA XCOM Data Transport r11.6 SP00 64bit for Windows Family (CPIC &  TCP/IP)

As Machhindra stated in his prior update: If you are trying to initiate transfers using the TCP/IP protocol you need to insure that the following system  environmental variable and XCOM global parameters are set:

• The %XCOM_HOME% system  environmental variable
    • The %XCOM_HOME% \config\xcom.glb parameters:
      • TCP_CMD=%XCOM_HOME%\xcomtcp.exe
      • TP_CMD=
      • PROTOCOL=TCPIP

Note: you must recycle the XCOM service once global parameters are saved in order for themto take affect

And when you initiate the transfer be sure to specify the XCOMTCP program and XCOM configuration parameters either in an XCOM configuration  file or as part of the command line.  For example:

• C:\Program Files\CA\XCOM>xcomtcp -c1 -f REMOTE_SYSTEM=remote_system_ip_address_or_name PORT=8044_which_is_the_default
      PROTOCOL=TCPIP LOCAL_FILE=local_file REMOTE_FILE=remote_file USERID=uid PASSWORD=pswd

If you continue to experience problems, I recommend that you reach out directly to our CA XCOM Support team at https://support.ca.com to open a support issue.

There you can also find:

• Online and telephone contact information for technical assistance and customer services
    • Information about user communities and forums
    • Product and documentation downloads
    • CA Support policies and guidelines
    • Other helpful resources appropriate for your product

Thanks you and regards,

-Ken

• 6.  Re: Hi, Could someone help me here? one of our applications was running on Windows XP machine and we switched to Windows 7 and XCOM has been installed on new machine. When i try to run the applicatio on win7 machine, we are egtting this xcom error messahe

Posted Jan 22, 2016 06:02 AM

Hi Ken,

Thanks for the detailed response. there version, we are using - CA-XCOM Version 03.00.9901 (for CPIC & TCP/IP).

i tried with all the steps provided by you. however still i am getting this problem. Could you please let me know if there is any problem running this version on Windows 7?

Regards,

Saroj

• 7.  Re: Hi, Could someone help me here? one of our applications was running on Windows XP machine and we switched to Windows 7 and XCOM has been installed on new machine. When i try to run the applicatio on win7 machine, we are egtting this xcom error messahe

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 22, 2016 09:05 AM

Hello Sarjo,

CA-XCOM Version 03.00.9901 (for CPIC & TCP/IP) is no longer support as of February 2004,  nor ever tested or certified for Windows 7:

http://www.ca.com/us/support/ca-support-online/product-content/status/support-life-cycle/indexes/ca-xcom-data-transport-release-and-support-lifecycle-dates.aspx?intcmp=searchresultclick&resultnum=6

You will need to install (I suggest the latest version) CA XCOM Data Transport r11.6 SP00 64bit for Windows Family (CPIC &  TCP/IP) or CA XCOM Data Transport r11.6 SP00 32bit for Windows Family (CPIC &  TCP/IP) depending on your Windows 7 OS level (32 or 64 bit) which can be downloaded from https://support.ca.com

Note: Downloads will require a valid sign on and registered site id.

Be sure to uninstall  and remove any files or directories from your prior CA-XCOM Version 03.00.9901 (for CPIC & TCP/IP) installation before installing the latest CA XCOM Data Transport for Windows Family (CPIC &  TCP/IP) version.

Again, I recommend  that you reach out directly to our CA XCOM Support team either at https://support.ca.com or support hot line at 1-800-225-5224 to open a support issue for assistance.

Regards,

-Ken

• 8.  Re: Hi, Could someone help me here? one of our applications was running on Windows XP machine and we switched to Windows 7 and XCOM has been installed on new machine. When i try to run the applicatio on win7 machine, we are egtting this xcom error messahe

Posted Jan 22, 2016 09:42 AM

Thanks Ken... could you please send me the link where i can download the software for Windows 7 - 32 bit?

Thanks again....

Regards,

Saroj

• 9.  Re: Hi, Could someone help me here? one of our applications was running on Windows XP machine and we switched to Windows 7 and XCOM has been installed on new machine. When i try to run the applicatio on win7 machine, we are egtting this xcom error messahe

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 22, 2016 10:37 AM

Hello Saroj,

CA XCOM Data Transport r11.6 SP00 32 bit for Windows Family (CPIC &  TCP/IP) can be downloaded from https://support.ca.com

Click on the Download Center and then Download Products. Once in the Download Center, enter the product name XCOM and select the product:

CA XCOM Data Transport for Windows Family Professional

and version:

Note: Downloads will require a valid sign on and registered site id.

If you experience any problems, please contact the support hot line at 1-800-225-5224 for assistance.

Regards,

-Ken