AnsweredAssumed Answered

Problems with Loading Keystore File During Deployment

Question asked by jeff.wallace on Jan 22, 2016
Latest reply on Jan 25, 2016 by jeff.wallace

I am using DevTest 9.0 and have recorded a service that requires mutual authentication between the client and service.

When I go to deploy my virtual service, it immediately fails for a "java.lang.RuntimeException: Cannot load keystore file named C:/Users/Public/Documents/keystore.jks"

Now obviously, this is probably happening because that file does not exist on my VSE server.

So how do I tell DevTest where my keystore file is during recording, but also have that same keystore file be available out on the VSE box when deploying the virtual service?

Below are the configurations I made to the recorder when I created the Virtual Service.

Recorder_Config.png

For the "Use SSL to Server" section I ::

- used the "Select..." button to navigate to and select my keystore.jks file

- entered the password

- clicked the "Verify..." button to ensure that it worked.

For the "Use SSL to Client" section I ::

- used the "Select..." button to navigate to and select my keystore.jks file

- entered the password

- clicked the "Verify..." button to ensure that it worked.

I also enabled the "Enable Client Certificate Authentication" option and set it to "Require client certificate"

This configuration allowed me to record transactions, but when I attempt to deploy the .vsm to my VSE, I get the "Cannot load keystore" error (see above)

So what am I doing wrong here? 

Do I need to make some kind of configuration to the local.properties file, rather than using the "Select..." button and picking my keystore file from the filesystem?

Do I need to be storing my keystore file in a specific place, maybe like in the project itself?

Any help would be very much appreciated.

- Jeff

Outcomes