Clarity

• 1.  WIP Settings - Unexpected Results in the WIP Transactions

Posted Jan 24, 2016 02:45 PM

Good Afternoon,

During a review of the settings of our CA PPM environment I looked at the WIP Settings. They are set as follows:

Image 1.jpg

I next looked at the documentation that describes the WIP Settings. Clearly, our configuration does not follow what is displayed in the documentation. Can anyone comment on what the last sentence, in yellow, is stating with regards to "Unexpected Results"?

Image 2.jpg

Thanks for your help!!

• 2.  Re: WIP Settings - Unexpected Results in the WIP Transactions

Posted Feb 02, 2016 11:20 AM

Have you tried contacting CA Support?

• 3.  Re: WIP Settings - Unexpected Results in the WIP Transactions
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 03, 2016 03:19 PM

The reason we say that there might be unexpected results is because these fields are used when an actual transaction is posted into WIP.

there may be a specific reason you want to have this configuration and if you understand where the data is going, then it should be fine.

The 'WIP Processing' settings will put in the the Entity, Department and Location values into the WIP record when it is 'processed' into WIP.

These fields impact the creation of actual costs and cost planning.

For more information on this topic, reference the following articles.

TEC483363 : Administration, Invalid Transactions Log, Rejected Reason = 'Invalid Entity Location'

TEC438644 : Transactions do not show the correct rate. How do I know which labor rate source location is being used to determine the rates on my transactions

TEC589613 : Project Financial Cost Plans show Actuals grouped into the Project Department / Location instead of the Resource Department / Location

I will be updating the last one because now in v14.3 you have a configuration option to allow non-labor resources to use the Resource Department / Location (non-labor resources are no longer fixed to use the Project settings)