Clarity

Expand all | Collapse all

CA PPM EMEA Office Hours, January 28, 2016 @ 11 AM UK Time

• 1.  CA PPM EMEA Office Hours, January 28, 2016 @ 11 AM UK Time

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 25, 2016 02:17 AM

CA PPM EMEA Office Hours, January 28, 2016 @ 11 AM UK Time

Dear Community Member,

Have a question about CA Project and Portfolio Management? Connect with CA Technologies technical experts to get answers via Office Hours for CA PPM. Our team is here to help you get more out of your technology. Join us for one hour on Thursday, January 28th @ 11 AM UK time. NOTE - No audio is provided and all Q&A happens via online chat, making it a truly ‘fun’ event.

What type of questions should you ask?

•General Product Questions

•Best practices

•Commonly seen issues

•Technical content and/or scenarios you want our technical information team to focus on.

•Technical content and/or scenarios you would like our technical information team to NOT focus on.

What type of questions should you not ask?

•Please DO NOT discuss support cases – You will need to open a ticket instead

•Please DO NOT discuss support of customizations

Click Here to add to calendar and join the day of.

*Please note that there is no audio. This is for you to submit your questions only and our experts will respond using WebEx.

• 2.  Re: CA PPM EMEA Office Hours, January 28, 2016 @ 11 AM UK Time

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 28, 2016 06:46 AM

from Shyam Beerakayala (CA) to Everyone:

Good morning/afternoon all!

Let's get started!

from Martti K to Everyone:

What is the status on clrt-60209 clrt-69448 tec578152?

These fields not appearing in filters has beendiscussed in the community since 2013.

Recently I am getting duplicate column labels in custom portlet. in Chrome onlz.

Are they related?

That is Good Morning everybody

from Suman Pramanik (CA) to Everyone:

@Marti Good Morning

The bug clrt-60209 is fixed in 13.1

The bug CLRT-69448 is fixed in 13.3

So Martti what version of CA PPM you are facing the problem

In 13.3 a couple of portlets I tried to add filters they did not appear in the available fields, but did appear in Fields - All. Had to export the portled and XOG back and then thez were fine.

Still have the problem with double lables after upgrading Chrome from 47 to 48, but not in FF or IE.

So are you saying that in v13.3 I should not experience the problem of fileds not appearing for filter field selection?

@Martti, looks like we need to do a Webex and find out about this, please open a Support Case

Don't think that is possible, just finishing a contract and the problem with filter fields only occurs when creating the filters and the double labels is just one portlet with Chrome and IE is the company browser.

@Martti: The fields and available section looks like some issue on how the portlet was xogged in. So you can try recreating the portlet once again and it shouldn't have the problem

The problem of double labels occurs with a portled created from scratch no XOGing until the filter fields did not appear. The filter field problem occurs with other portlets as well. The portlets are fomr PMO accelerator and the one created from scratch is a copy with some statements added. As said the users do not see these two issues.

@Martti, I guess the users use IE?

Yes, that is company browser and I don't have the double labels in IE. The source for the portle is the All milestones

@Martti, unfortunately, we cannot troubleshoot this issue here, would need to work with you offline

any other questions, anyone?

OK thanks, I understand that. Just brought this up as in the community Suman and Andrew reported having seen double labels as well. So I was wondering if that was more widespread. tec578152 talks about db corruption for filter so I was wondering if there is just one type of corruption and one reason or more. If the double labels are not in filters then that should be something different.

@Martti thats the reason we need to have indepth analysis. If its a corruption it would be across any browser and in this case it looks specific to Chrome.

The filter field problem is also in FF, but I do not want to use that other than read only as FF 4X. is not supported for v13.3

@Kevin, just saw your email, there is no audio for this, just chat on webex

from Kevin Brady to Everyone:

Great thanks, I just thought I was missing out on part of the conversation :-)

any questions for us @Kevin?

I have just started as Clarity SME at Unilever so its early days for me. I just wanted to hook up with the CA forum  so no specific questions from me right now

@Kevin, is it Merlin or another instance of Clarity?

It is another instance of Clarity. I am actually looking after the main instance. Merlin is just a minor instalation here used to track CapEx spend only

@Kevin, ok, hope all is fine!

All good thanks :-)

if no more questions from anyone, we will wrap this up in couple of minutes

That's all folks!

cheers, have a great day and see you next time!

Thanks

• 3.  Re: CA PPM EMEA Office Hours, January 28, 2016 @ 11 AM UK Time

Posted Jan 28, 2016 06:49 AM

Thanks Shyam_Beerakayala   that was quick.