DX NetOps

• 1.  9.2.3 H11 to 9.4.0 upgrade mysql failed

Posted Jan 28, 2016 06:56 AM

Hi, I'm currently upgrading my CA Spectrum environment from 9.2,3 H11 to 9.4.0 and although the upgrade itself reported as successful when checking the logs it has failed to upgrade the mysql components.  Has anyone else seen this before and can you offer any advise?

This has happened on all SpectroSERVER and OC servers, as well as my report manager.

Appreciate anyone giving any advice, if they have seen this, as I'm not getting very far with the CA Support teams.

Thanks,

Ben.

• 2.  Re: 9.2.3 H11 to 9.4.0 upgrade mysql failed

Posted Feb 12, 2016 03:46 PM

Ben,

I am assuming when you stated "I'm not getting very far with the CA Support teams" you have opened a case with CA Spectrum Support. If so, has the issue been resolved? If not, can you give me the case number and so I can follow up?

Joe

• 3.  Re: 9.2.3 H11 to 9.4.0 upgrade mysql failed

Posted Feb 15, 2016 02:40 PM

Did you change your mysql password from the default?  If you did, that makes the mysql upgrade fail.  You can work around that by changing it back to default, running the install, and then changing it back to your password.  I've submitted an idea to improve this behavior (Installer should handle non-default passwords ).