Service Virtualization

• 1.  Hello, I'm new to CA LISA Service Virtualization and I can't get the server console to appear

Posted Jan 28, 2016 10:29 AM
      |   view attached

Hello,

As I said in the title, I'm new to the CA LISA and I'm trying to access the server console but nothing appears. I log into the registry through the workstation and click on the "Server Console" button at the top. Internet Explorer opens up with the LISA background but nothing else appears. I've tried stopping and starting the registry but still can't get the page to appear. The screenshot attached is the only thing that comes up and it stays on this page. I'm not sure what could be the issue and unfortunately we don't have support from CA (Our contract ran out apparently and our client decided not to renew). I would appreciate it if anyone could give me something else to try.

• 2.  Re: Hello, I'm new to CA LISA Service Virtualization and I can't get the server console to appear

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 28, 2016 11:26 AM

Have you tried with other browsers?  Maybe added this to your trusted sites?  Are there any errors in the Registry log files?

• 3.  Re: Hello, I'm new to CA LISA Service Virtualization and I can't get the server console to appear

Posted Jan 28, 2016 12:03 PM

Hi Stephanie,

Yeah I tried with Chrome, Firefox and IE 8 and 11 and it gave me the same response and the site has been added to the trusted sites list. Do you know where the Registry log files are? What kind of errors should I be looking for?

• 4.  Re: Hello, I'm new to CA LISA Service Virtualization and I can't get the server console to appear

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 28, 2016 11:59 AM

Multiple things to check here - 

- what I.E. Version is this?

- what Lisa version is this?

- is ACL enabled?

Instead of clicking on the shortcut for Server Console from the workstation, can you bring up a new browser instance and simply type in 

http://lisaserver:1505

(Replace lisaserver with your server name) and see what comes up?

• 5.  Re: Hello, I'm new to CA LISA Service Virtualization and I can't get the server console to appear

Posted Jan 28, 2016 12:07 PM

Hi Koustubh,

I've tried on IE 11 and 8 (I also used compatibility mode to emulate 5, 7, and 8 as well as used Chrome and Firefox). The Lisa version we're using is 7.5.2.235. I'm not sure what ACL stands for and don't know where to enable it. When trying to manually hit the server console at that address, I get the same thing. It seems like it gets stuck trying to load.

• 6.  Re: Hello, I'm new to CA LISA Service Virtualization and I can't get the server console to appear

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 28, 2016 12:43 PM

Ok...this is what I'd recommend - stop the registry and the backup the old registry.log with a new name and then delete the registry.log file. Restart the registry service. Somewhere in the log files you will see a message 'Registry is ready'. After that check for messages about 'web consoles'.....give it a few mins.

Question - has this Lisa installation worked fine prior to this anytime?