Plex 2E

• 1.  PLEX Packager - Include new objects

Posted Jan 28, 2016 11:09 AM

Hello,

This is more a tip than a question.

I had an issue with the PLEX Packager tool where after the initial packaging of objects new objects wouldn't be included and the process failed with error: “An object of type 'Package' with the name 'TopPackageName' already exists”.

After researching on this there are a couple of work-arounds the simplest being:

1) Created the new function(s)

1.jpg

2) Launch Packager tool and unlock settings

2.png

3) Rename and name back a Package in the solution

3.png

3a.png

4) Start the packaging process

4.png

5) YES to confirm the update of the packaging information in the Model

5.png

5a.png

6) The new function is successfully packaged

6.png

This is now a known issue to CA and I was told this will be scheduled and worked as a fix in a future release.

Regards,

Lucio

http://www.plex-world.com

• 2.  Re: PLEX Packager - Include new objects

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 28, 2016 11:32 AM

HI Lucio,

Thank you for sharing the description of the issue and the workaround we found in your support case. I'd like to clarify that as a support engineer, it is not my role to make any commitments in terms of what and when Plex source code fixes are implemented. I did say that I "should" be able to let you know when the fix you requested would be scheduled for implementation. What I meant by this is that the Product Owner for Plex should be able to let me know approximately when you can expect the fix you requested to be delivered. I will let you know after he lets me know what the DEV/SE team can commit to, and I should be able to let you know this within a week.

Thank you,
    Stephen

• 3.  Re: PLEX Packager - Include new objects

Posted Jan 28, 2016 11:40 AM

Thanks Stephen for your response.

I understand you cannot commit to a date for a release of this fix as there is a process to follow and I will await for it as for now, the work-around is simple to follow.

Regards,

Lucio

http://www.plex-world.com

• 4.  Re: PLEX Packager - Include new objects

Posted Jan 28, 2016 11:54 AM

Hi Stephen,

With Simon C, Daniel S, Rob L, all gone I am unclear who is the CA Plex Product Manager, CA Product Owner and CA Plex Product Architect

Can the community be updated?

• 5.  Re: PLEX Packager - Include new objects

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 28, 2016 12:20 PM

My support delivery manager, Cindy MIchaels, told me that Vijaya Kumar Dasari is currently serving as the Plex Product Owner. I am not sure who is the PM, but I do know that Rob Layzell still serves as the Plex architect and holds regular "Plex Team Surgery" meetings with the scrum team.

Cheers,

Stephen