Symantec Access Management

• 1.  How to cutomize url redirection  based on smsuthreason for basic authetication ?

Posted Jan 28, 2016 09:51 AM

I am using basis authenticate scheme in my Realm. I have user which is disabled.  and I am getting proper authreason  for it but i don't want to redirect to /siteminderagent/pwcgi/smpwservicescgi.exe. My requirement is to customize url redirection  based on smsuthreason for basic authentication ?

• 2.  Re: How to cutomize url redirection  based on smsuthreason for basic authetication ?
    Best Answer

Posted Jan 31, 2016 06:18 PM

Hi Soumya,

If you want the customized URL redirection based on the smauthreason, this is how you need to configure :

1. Configure the smpwservices.fcc as the default password services page.

2. Edit the smpwservices.fcc page to handle different redirection based on the smauthreason value.

For e.g

If you open up the smpwservices.fcc file, you can find that the messages or the actions can be customized.

For example, if you get

SMAUTHREASON=19, you will get a message explaining "<Username> you cannot

access your account because your password has expired. Please contact your

Security Administrator or Help Desk."

You can now either change the message to something else or redirect to a different page from here.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Cheers,Ujwol

• 3.  Re: How to cutomize url redirection  based on smsuthreason for basic authetication ?

Posted Feb 04, 2016 07:19 PM

Hi Soumya,

How did this go ?

Any further question on this ?

Regards,

Ujwol

• 4.  Re: How to cutomize url redirection  based on smsuthreason for basic authetication ?

Posted Feb 11, 2016 02:41 AM

Hi Ujwol,

The post was useful and we are trying implement accordingly. May come back for your help if required.

Many Thanks,

soumya