Service Virtualization

• 1.  Update/Recreate .VSI from Existing/Modified .VSM

Posted Jan 28, 2016 12:02 PM

If I have an existing, or newly modified .VSM, is it possible to update, or even create a new .VSI using the behavior defined in that .VSM?

I need to add the Web Services (SOAP Headers Protocol) to parse out header args, but I really don't want to have to re-record and setup everything again if I don't have to.

• 2.  Re: Update/Recreate .VSI from Existing/Modified .VSM

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 28, 2016 01:21 PM

Hi Jeff,  you could modify the VSM  by adding a  filter in the  Listen step ( WS SOAP Headers Protocol ) . Then re-deploy the service. 

hope this helps

Thanks

Shiney.

• 3.  Re: Update/Recreate .VSI from Existing/Modified .VSM

Posted Jan 28, 2016 01:25 PM

Hi Shiney,

Yeah I know I can do that, but I'm wondering if there's a way to update the existing RequestS/Responses captured in the accompanying .VSI after updating the .VSM?

• 4.  Re: Update/Recreate .VSI from Existing/Modified .VSM

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 28, 2016 01:34 PM

you could make a copy of the original .VSI,  and modify the Request arguments , Attributes and Metadata  , and the Response based on your requirement.

If you have any issues modifying the VSI,  please open a support ticket and we can help you with that.

• 5.  Re: Update/Recreate .VSI from Existing/Modified .VSM

Posted Jan 29, 2016 12:15 AM

As Bhavin pointed out earlier the only available option to bypass live recording would be to use raw traffic file if you specified it in the recorder to be persisted when you did the initial recording. Even though it’s optional but we highly recommend to capture it as it comes very handy for situations like what you are describing.

Raw traffic contains unprocessed data that represents captured traffic off the wire whereas service image (VSI) represents a final processed output.  Hopefully this should answer the reason why raw traffic file would be required.