Layer7 API Management

• 1.  CMS Documentation

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 01, 2016 10:58 AM

Hello,

I need to make modifications in API Portal Login page, when I opened register-form.xml I saw there is a documentation for CMS, which will be very useful for me, however I guess it is some kind of internal IP, I could not find documentation. Where can I find documentation for CMS used in API Portal?

http://docs-dev.yvr.levelcms.com/baseline/documentation/browse/techmanual/reference/modules/advanced#docN17402

Regards

Ozan AVCI

• 2.  Re: CMS Documentation

Posted Feb 01, 2016 11:24 AM

Hi okaoz01,

We do not have any specific documentation on the CMS itself, just documentation for specific tasks within the CMS such as creating new users, changing certain configurations, etc. Essentially what we have documented is what we officially support. Anything outside of that is not necessarily supported nor documented. However, we can look to guide you in the right direction if you can provide some more information on what exactly you are wanting to change and where, with what version(s), etc. and we can do our best to sort it out for you.

For your reference, all our API Developer Portal documentation for the latest version (v3.5) is located at this link: CA API Developer Portal Home - CA API Developer Portal - 3.5 - CA Technologies Documentation

I look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,

Dustin Dauncey

Support Engineer, Global Customer Success

Email: API-Support@ca.com

Phone: +1 800 225 5224

Outside of North America - ca.com/us/worldwide.aspx

CA API Management Community: ca.com/talkapi

• 3.  Re: CMS Documentation

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 01, 2016 11:56 AM

Hello Dustin ,

our customer wants additional actions completed whenever user registers to API portal, and during user registration approval steps.

Overall purpose of using API Gateway solution for them is to reduce steps needs to be completed for a developer to use their APIs and this step  is crucial for them.

They have legacy backend system which authenticates calls by username and password. They have their own system that charges customers according to this information.

Whats asked is that, whenever a user registers to portal, we should call a web service  which will initiate creation of a service card that will give access to backend systems. Service card creation may or may not be approved.

Additionally in user approval widget, we need to check whether this service card is created  ( again a webservice ) and will only let administrator to enable user account if service card is creation is completed.

We thought additional actions may be possible if we forward request to gateway, do some policy logic and return back to original url. We managed to route to gateway, but we could not return back to original portal page ( complete registration) so far.

So we need to make modifications in register form and others. Maybe we are thinking in wrong direction, I am not sure. We need some kind of documentation how this kind of customization be possible.

Thanks in advance

Ozan Okan AVCI.

• 4.  Re: CMS Documentation

Posted Feb 01, 2016 02:01 PM

Hi okaoz01,

Unfortunately by the sounds of what you are wanting to do, this is likely not possible with the API Developer Portal. If it is through some workaround, it would definitely not be supported. It is, however, an interesting use-case. I would suggest creating an Idea in our Communities with this use-case so it can be considered for a future version.

The reasons I do not believe this will work is because the API Developer Portal has no built-in mechanism for it to know to wait before enabling a user for some sort of response from a back-end. There is a method in the API Developer Portal to ensure that users who sign up are not automatically enabled, but to enable them then becomes a manual task and not an automated one. Also, the widget in the Dashboard of the API Developer Portal is only programmed to look at one area and is not aware of anything else, such as any back-end system in order to tally up the numbers of pending approvals.

I believe what would be needed in order for you to achieve this from the API Developer Portal would involve code changes, and would therefore be a feature request. I am not aware of a workaround to this concern yet, but hopefully through the power of the CA Communities and our talented customers and employees, a workaround may be devised.

Sincerely,

Dustin Dauncey

Support Engineer, Global Customer Success

Email: API-Support@ca.com

Phone: +1 800 225 5224

Outside of North America - ca.com/us/worldwide.aspx

CA API Management Community: ca.com/talkapi

• 5.  Re: CMS Documentation