Clarity

• 1.  CA PPM Portlet Reference Guide Wins STC Award of Merit

Posted Feb 02, 2016 08:22 AM

More good news for our CA PPM best-of-breed documentation from Engineering Services:

Our customer-inspired CA PPM Portlet Reference Guide (Portlet Reference - CA PPM - 14.3 - CA Technologies Documentation) has received an award of Merit from the Society of Technical Communications (STC) – Chicago.

Congratulations to CA-TECH-INFO-DAMON, great job!

About this entry:

This entry represents the winning customer revolution sweeping technology today. Customers posted the very idea behind the creation of this document on the CA PPM product idea site. Customers wanted an index of all the configurable functional windows (portlets) in CA Clarity PPM, the massive enterprise project and portfolio management application with hundreds of features and over 2 million users worldwide. The idea received enough public votes and was assigned to Damon Logiudice and John George at CA Technologies where the team, guided by Denice Brown (Prod Mgmt) and Jane George (QA), created a standard database template for all portlets that includes a description, summary of developer data provider tags, and the navigation steps required to find the portlet. The information was updated in a structured database, exported to XML, and imported into the DocOps platform. For the ultimate in customer convenience, each portlet is listed by name and by user role.

Ah, yes - I did receive an error 404 too. Apologies. It appears to be fixed now.

• 2.  Re: CA PPM Portlet Reference Guide Wins STC Award of Merit

Posted Feb 02, 2016 09:32 AM

Brilliant Thanks team

Regards,

NJ

• 3.  Re: CA PPM Portlet Reference Guide Wins STC Award of Merit

Posted Feb 03, 2016 10:08 PM

Great work!

• 4.  Re: CA PPM Portlet Reference Guide Wins STC Award of Merit

Posted Feb 11, 2016 03:44 AM

Link seems broken, i get a 404

• 5.  Re: CA PPM Portlet Reference Guide Wins STC Award of Merit

Posted Feb 11, 2016 04:04 AM

Thats not very clever is it!  (The link in the top post has "portlet-reference" in the URL, it should be "portlets-reference")

https://docops.ca.com/ca-ppm/14-3/reference/portlets-reference

• 6.  Re: CA PPM Portlet Reference Guide Wins STC Award of Merit

Posted Feb 11, 2016 04:11 AM

Me, too.

Using the search box gives me

Portlets Reference - CA PPM - 14.3 - CA Technologies Documentation

which works when I am logged in to support.

• 7.  Re: CA PPM Portlet Reference Guide Wins STC Award of Merit

Posted Feb 11, 2016 07:36 AM

The error 404 should now be fixed. Thanks everyone for pointing this out.

John

• 8.  Re: CA PPM Portlet Reference Guide Wins STC Award of Merit

Posted Feb 11, 2016 09:51 AM

Great work George and Damon.

Can I be cheeky and ask that we have a little screenshot next to each?

• 9.  Re: CA PPM Portlet Reference Guide Wins STC Award of Merit

Posted Feb 11, 2016 09:56 AM

"A picture paints a thousand words"

• 10.  Re: CA PPM Portlet Reference Guide Wins STC Award of Merit

Posted Feb 11, 2016 09:58 AM

One weekend I'm just going to go through the entire out the box product and screenshot everything

• 11.  Re: CA PPM Portlet Reference Guide Wins STC Award of Merit

Posted Aug 10, 2016 07:47 PM

There needs to be a sample of each portlet as the old documentation on portlets in the pdf format was more valuable in that you could review the detailed description in conjunction with the screen shot of the portlet.  This needs to be changed for the next docops release if possible.

• 12.  Re: CA PPM Portlet Reference Guide Wins STC Award of Merit

Posted Aug 11, 2016 10:45 AM

I can remember back to the first Customer CARE conference I attended just prior to CA WORLD (8 years ago). I brought up the issue of the poor quality documentation that existed in Clarity and CA committed to fixing this issue. What a change I have seen over the years. The documentation is vastly improved and easier to access.

Well Done!