CA Service Management

• 1.  How to update Catalog Request\Service by Web Service?

Posted Feb 08, 2016 04:43 PM

I need method to update Request\Service from external source using Web Service

• 2.  Re: How to update Catalog Request\Service by Web Service?

Posted Feb 09, 2016 11:02 AM

If you log in to Service Catalog, go to the Administration tab, select Tools from the top menu, select Links from the left side menu,then select Web Services API from the Documentation table, you will see all the Web Services and Methods.

• 3.  Re: How to update Catalog Request\Service by Web Service?

Posted Feb 09, 2016 11:33 AM

From the Web Services API doc select 'Request Web Service' and take a look at updateRequestItemStatus method.

• 4.  Re: How to update Catalog Request\Service by Web Service?

Posted Feb 09, 2016 11:41 AM

I am using this method (updateRequestItemStatus), but it fails.

What value I need use in pendingType parameter?

What does it mean?

May I need configure something before?

Regards

• 5.  Re: How to update Catalog Request\Service by Web Service?

Posted Feb 09, 2016 12:24 PM

If you are updating the status to something before what is defined in Catalog > Configuration > Request Management Configuration > Allow Discrete Handling of Service Options After, then you will want to use '1' which updates on the service level. If the status will be in the range where discrete handling is enabled, you will want to use '2' which updates on the service option level.

• 6.  Re: How to update Catalog Request\Service by Web Service?

Posted Feb 10, 2016 01:03 AM

So, what option I need chose for Allow Discrete Handling of Service Options After to be able change Request status to Approve or Reject using updateRequestItemStatus method?

The same question about Allow Discrete Request Life Cycle After option

Regards

• 7.  Re: How to update Catalog Request\Service by Web Service?

Posted Feb 10, 2016 11:44 AM

By default 'Allow Discrete Handling of Service Options After' is set to 'Pending Fulfillment', which means during the approval phase you approve/reject for each service in the request however fulfillment will be for each service option. With this configuration, if I have a request in 'Pending Approval' status I can update the status to 'Approval Done' (999) and Catalog will then automatically update the status to 'Pending Fulfillment' via the following in soapUI:

<sessionID xsi:type="xsd:string">12dc816f-6e50-421d-bf38-874820178902</sessionID>

<pendingActionType xsi:type="xsd:int">1</pendingActionType>

<requestItemID xsi:type="xsd:int">10086</requestItemID>

<status xsi:type="xsd:int">999</status>

requestItemID you can get from the output getRequestItems method:

<subscriptionDetailID xsi:type="xsd:int">10086</subscriptionDetailID>

or from usm_subscription_detail.id:

select * from usm_subscription_detail where request_id=10020

You can also take a look at the following for more information on discrete handling:

Discrete Request Life Cycle Parameters - CA Service Management - 14.1 - CA Technologies Documentation

• 8.  Re: How to update Catalog Request\Service by Web Service?

Posted Feb 10, 2016 03:56 PM

Hi,

Your information really helps me.

I have next scenario:

- Open Catalog Service Request

- Request in Pending Approval status waits for update

- External tool (by updateRequestItemStatus method using Web Service) update above Catalog Request with Approval (800) or Reject (600) status depending on situation

- Then if status Approval I open SDM ticket by Event-Action-Rule

- Then when SDM ticket will close Catalog Request will close too.

Is the process is correct and effective?

For this scenario how to set 'Allow Discrete Handling of Service Options After'?

Would love your assistance

Regards

• 9.  Re: How to update Catalog Request\Service by Web Service?

Posted Feb 10, 2016 05:02 PM

This is essentially the same lifecycle as the out of the box Catalog/Service Desk integration.  The followingmight be helpful:

Step 3 - Open Change Orders During Request Fulfillment - CA Service Management - 14.1 - CA Technologies Documentation

• 10.  Re: How to update Catalog Request\Service by Web Service?

Posted Feb 11, 2016 02:02 AM

I know this process and I use integration to open the SDM REQUEST.

Again, according to my script which parameter to set  for 'Allow Discrete Handling of Service Options After'?