DX NetOps

Expand all | Collapse all

Spectrum WebClient Column Add/Remove

• 1.  Spectrum WebClient Column Add/Remove

Posted Feb 09, 2016 09:04 AM

Just upgraded to 10.1 last night and am exploring the WebClient. Is there any way to remove columns from the web client alarm table? We don't use the troubleshooter field, so it's blank. However its presence causes the date/time field to wrap, causing each row to take up twice as much screen real estate as it needs to.

• 2.  Re: Spectrum WebClient Column Add/Remove

Posted Feb 09, 2016 11:54 AM

Hello Stuart,

look at Improve the usability of existing features of Spectrum WebClient 1.0 .

You are not the only one with this wish.

Regards, Frank

• 3.  Re: Spectrum WebClient Column Add/Remove

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 09, 2016 12:04 PM

Hello Stuart_Weenig and Frank_Elliger,

This is part of our backlog. We will keep you posted as and when we make progress with it.

Thanks,

Nagesh

• 4.  Re: Spectrum WebClient Column Add/Remove

Posted Feb 09, 2016 01:50 PM

Is the backlog published anywhere we can see it?  I suspect that most of the features that we are asking for now or will ask for soon are already in your backlog.

• 5.  Re: Spectrum WebClient Column Add/Remove

Posted Feb 09, 2016 01:53 PM

The internal version of the backlog should be the same as any ideas on the community that are in a planned status. Should be <> is?

• 6.  Re: Spectrum WebClient Column Add/Remove

Posted Feb 09, 2016 02:38 PM

I don't see column edits for the web UI other than here, but it's in the backlog.

• 7.  Re: Spectrum WebClient Column Add/Remove

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 10, 2016 12:20 AM

Hello Stuart_Weenig, mwegner,

The backlog item is based on Community Idea i.e.

- Selecting the columns in the alarm list

- Order the columns in the alarm list.

- More selectable columns in the alarm list like "Location" or "Contact" or "Last Occurrence"

Apart from this we want to give ability to add custom attributes into each view/table.

Hope the above is helpful in clarifying what exactly we are trying to pursue. Please feel free to add.

Also Stuart_Weenig you should be able to drag the troubleshooter column to the end for now.

Thanks,

Nagesh

• 8.  Re: Spectrum WebClient Column Add/Remove

Posted Feb 10, 2016 07:55 AM

Yeah, the idea that Frank_Elliger posted in the first reply is the right idea.

Unfortunately, moving the column left or right doesn't reclaim the lost real estate. As long as that column is displayed, it takes up horizontal space, causing the other columns to be squished. Alternatively (and I'll suggest this on the idea), it would be easy to setup a CSS property specifying the minimum width of a chosen column to ensure it doesn't wrap. Wrapping the date/time is cosmetically bad, while wrapping other fields that are larger chunks of text would be undesirable but more preferable than wrapping the date/time column.

I'll have to wait until such time as the column(s) are removable.

• 9.  Re: Spectrum WebClient Column Add/Remove

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 10, 2016 09:54 AM

Thanks Stuart_Weenig. I have made a note of it.

Thanks,

Nagesh

• 10.  Re: Spectrum WebClient Column Add/Remove

Posted Feb 24, 2016 08:34 AM

Will other dependencies be broken if the table header is removed from $SPECROOT/tomcat/webapps/spectrum/webclient/index.jsp ? I've tried this in our non-prod environment and haven't noticed anything.

• 11.  Re: Spectrum WebClient Column Add/Remove
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 10, 2017 04:37 AM

Hi Everyone, 

This feature was added with  the latest GA version - Spectrum 10.2. Please check it in the WebClient settings. 

Regards, 

Sheenam