Plex 2E

• 1.  Search model for a message or field by its value

Posted Feb 11, 2016 04:24 AM

How could I search a field or a message by its value (text content)? In one of our applications there is a pop up with a notification text. I would like to search the model to find out which field or message it is to more easily locate the place where the field or message is assigned.

Would this be possible e.g. by opening .mdl file in some text editor or something like that?

Another way to solve my problem would just to study the program more carefully until I find the right place. I am just so used to Visual Studio in which you could quite easily search for a string in the solution.

• 2.  Re: Search model for a message or field by its value

Posted Feb 11, 2016 04:38 AM

• 3.  Re: Search model for a message or field by its value
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 11, 2016 05:00 AM

and again. searching all my source for the string 'CStdioFile' to help creating new source or finding the source already exists. How else could i do it? So I find the tools useful, you could just export all your group models and search with a text editor like TotalCommander but it wont be real time just a snap shot but still a valid method.

• 4.  Re: Search model for a message or field by its value

Posted Feb 11, 2016 05:04 AM

Ok, I'll try StellaTools. I have downloaded it several times but haven't yet used it in work. Please allow me to download it one more time.