AnsweredAssumed Answered

Lookups as Calculated Fields - in Domain Designer (JasperServer)

Question asked by ronnieroberts on Feb 11, 2016
Latest reply on Mar 22, 2016 by ronnieroberts

Hi guys,

I'm working in Domain Designer and I'm trying to pull from a lookup table and I'm pretty sure I can do it via Calculated Fields tab.  We have a ton of lookups that all come out of the same table and are differentiated with a LOOKUP_CODE attribute.  I've figured out how to make the correct results display but I have to create a derived table for each field which seems like I'm doing it wrong.  Bare with me as we're quite new to this and I'm trying to become our SME.

Example:

Table: Lookups

LOOKUP_TYPELOOKUP_ENUMLOOKUP_NAME
approval_state10Completed
approval_state20Approved
capacity_type10Strategic
capacity_type20Tactical

Table: Projects

Project_IDApproval_StateCapacity_Type
PR0123451020
PR0234562020

Based on the wiki, it would appear that using the Domain Expression Language, I would need a calculated field with Lookups.LOOKUP_NAME where Lookups.LOOKUP_TYPE == 'approval_state' and Projects.Approval_State == Lookups.LOOKUP_ENUM should work, but I can't get it to give me any messages aside from Cannot evaluate expression.  Any help is greatly appreciated.

-Thanks!

Ronnie Roberts - DIRECTV

PS: For the eagle eyed among you, this may look familiar, and it is.  This was also asked on http://community.jaspersoft.com/questions/974996/lookups-calculated-fields  but I have yet to receive any answers.

Message was edited by: Nick Darlington Altered the title if you don't mind, to help disambiguate at a glance between an issue that could be in either PPM Studio or JasperServer Domain Designer.

Outcomes