CA Client Automation

Expand all | Collapse all

Unable to remove DSM Services

• 1.  Unable to remove DSM Services

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 12, 2016 06:37 AM

Uninstall the CA Client Automation from Setup.exe but 4 services still appearing in Control Panel which are

1. Scalability Server

2. DSM Agent +DTS

3. DSM Agent  + Software Delovery

4. DSM Manager

Tried removing from codes but it says no such services. Checked in registery unable to found CA Client automation service name and codes

Any Suggestion whats wrong

• 2.  Re: Unable to remove DSM Services

Posted Feb 12, 2016 07:31 AM

HI

can you look in the %TEMP% directory of the logged in users ID and look in the files from the uninstall it should have some indication of what happened.

Did you reboot after the uninstall ? I have seen cases where a reboot is pending and post reboot things looked better.

What version of ITCM are you uninstalling ? <Does dsmver command show this?>

Check the registry under the key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services  I looked and saw the CA  messaging service listed there

there were a couple of others as well.

Were the services started when you did the uninstall ? If so try the reboot and see if that helps

Did you check if the CA folder (C\\DSM) exists on any of the machines local drives ?

hope this helps

Joe

• 3.  Re: Unable to remove DSM Services

Posted Feb 12, 2016 07:34 AM

one more item that may help

Sc delete

• 4.  Re: Unable to remove DSM Services

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 12, 2016 09:38 AM

HI Joseph,

I can see those listed above services under control panel ---> program features. Yes I did reboot several times but no luck. I will check in temp folder. I checked in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services but no services there but will check for messaging queue. It is  ITCM R12.9 version.

Yes I am able to see DCM folder I deleted it but still no luck

• 5.  Re: Unable to remove DSM Services

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 15, 2016 01:22 AM

I am able to remove other services from control panel by deleting the ComputerAssociate folder from location(HLM--> Software--> Wow6432Node-COmputerAssociate) in registery. but still not able to remove the CA DSM Manager. Attach is the screenshot of error while removing from control panel.

CA DSM Manager.jpg

• 6.  Re: Unable to remove DSM Services

Posted Feb 16, 2016 05:04 PM

Hi

You may want to try the microsoft uninstaller utility and see if youo can get past that msi error 1721

This link may help if not then please open a support issue and we will be glad to assist you.

Error 1721.There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A - Microsoft Community

Thanks

Joe

• 7.  Re: Unable to remove DSM Services

Posted Feb 16, 2016 05:07 PM

HI

You may want to try using the Microsoft installer cleanup utility (do a google search for this utility) that may be able to uninstall that if not then you should do the following

caf stop

cam change disable

cfsystray stop

stop all other ca processes like hmagent

delete the CA folder from EG c:\program files (X86)\CA or program files\CA

run regedt32 and delete the computer associates registry key ( I advise you to export a copy first)

reboot and then run setup.exe and install the Domain Manager again

if this doesn't work then I would advise to open a support issue and we will be glad to try to assist you.

Thanks

Joe

• 8.  Re: Unable to remove DSM Services

Posted Feb 23, 2016 10:38 AM

HI Mohit

I was wondering if you had any updates for this thread regarding the CA Services removal ? Please advise if we can assist you further or if need be please open a support case and we would be glad to assist you. Have any of the suggestions been helpful toward resolving the issue? Also please check the registry under this key to see if its listed there

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\ComputerAssociates

Please advise

Thanks

Joe

• 9.  Re: Unable to remove DSM Services

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 24, 2016 03:56 AM

Hi Joe,

Yes I deleted the folder too but unable to delete the Domain Manager services. I have reinstall the setup but now domain manager and engine is not installing. It giving error 1603. Might be priviliges isssue. As I am installing by taking remote desktop of the server through Admin domain users.

Thanks,

Mohit

• 10.  Re: Unable to remove DSM Services

Posted Mar 01, 2016 10:22 AM

Mohit

If the Microsoft uninstaller utility didn't work we would advise you to open a normal support issue as we will most likely have to do a remote session. but if you are sure the uninstall worked and you are now receiving a 1603 errors most likely that is a permissions error

verify the following

1. the account you are logged into Windows with is a member of the local administrators group on SQL server. Do not use inheritance from a group like Domain Admins, make sure its explicitly listed under the local administrators group .

2. make sure that Windows account also has the SQl Server Role of SYSADMIN explicitly assigned to it.

3. If an upgrade or shared MDB make sure all CA Services are disconnected, so stop caf and all DSM Explorer machines before running setup.exe.

4. Make sure you are using a good copy of the install media and that you are copying the install media locally to avoid corruption and network issues.

5. verify the SQL information you are entering in the setup wizard is correct

verify port and instance name are valid and can be connected to via SQL Studio Manager.

If the above is verified and you are still getting the 1603 error you would need to examine the logs that get generated in the %TEMP% directory specifically the following logs

DSMSetup.log

TRC_Inst2_ITRM.log

TRC_INST_ITRM_#.log

depending on how far the install got before it failed also check

\CA\DSM\database\setup.log

\CA\DSM\database\mdb_install\install_mdb.log

\CA\DSM\database\mdb_install\install_mdb_msg.log

If you open a regular support issue to save time attach the entire %TEMP% directory and the files mentioned in the \CA\DSM paths so an Engineer can determine what is causing the failure.

I hope this is helpful

Joe

• 11.  Re: Unable to remove DSM Services

Posted Mar 10, 2016 10:43 AM

Hi Mohit

I was wondering if our suggestions so far have helped you to unisntall the CA products you listed?

Did you open a normal support case ?

Please advise so we can help you out and if I don't see a response by next week I will assume this has been taken care of

Thanks

Joe

• 12.  Re: Unable to remove DSM Services

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 24, 2016 03:12 PM

Thanks Joseph. I prefer to open support case. Will let you know about the issue

Thanks,

Mohit