CA Service Management

• 1.  CA Service Desk 14.1 Popup Window

Posted Feb 16, 2016 09:08 AM

CA service Desk popups occurs midway between two screens.  Has anyone seen this behavior with 14.1?  Is there a setting change that we need to make to avoid this behavior?

Ticket from Desktop Tech:

This seems to be a html programming "issue".
    This is does not occur for other smaller pop ups for CA or other websites.

This will only happen when the CA popup windows is the
    default size (looks like a width of 1000 pixel across?). If you resize it to a
    smaller windows Frame, it will close with the same size if you choose to
    preserve windows size. (CA Service Desk Manager > View tab > Preferences >
    Preserve Windows Size)

Workaround is (CA Service Desk Manager > View tab >
    Preferences > Avoid Popups) Another Workaround is to have the Preserve
    Windows Size option enabled and then resize the windows to a smaller size. This
    will work for the duration of CA Service Desk Manager while it is opened. Once
    you close out of IE, the windows size will go back to the default, causing the
    "issue" again.

• 2.  Re: CA Service Desk 14.1 Popup Window
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 24, 2016 08:07 AM

Hi Carla, sorry for the delay in one of us responding to you on this one.  I saw that you have case 00309723 opened with us, in which our SE team supplied you with test fix T5WD012 for 14.1 to resolve this problem.  Before I found the case that you have opened, I noticed that this fix was recently created for what looked to be a simlar problem and was going to recommend that you open a case, but then I saw that you already did.  The fix was created recently and has worked for several other customers to resolve this particular issue.  With that, I will go ahead and mark this one as answered. 

Again, I apologize for the delay in response on the communities.

Thanks,

Jon Israel