Symantec Access Management

• 1.  SiteMinder WebAgents - Supports 4.x agents

Posted Feb 17, 2016 09:35 AM

I am working with an implementation team to configure single sign-on (Siteminder 12.5 SP1) with Business Objects 4.1. The Business Objects documentation states, "Ensure that the SiteMinder Administrator has enabled support for 4.x Agents. This must be done, regardless of what supported version of SiteMinder you are using. For more information about SiteMinder and how to install it, refer to the SiteMinder documentation."

Prior to seeing this note I configure the webagent and registered the host. Webagent started up and trace log capturing sessions.

Following the BO documentation, I deleted the trusted host and agent. Created the agent and checked the box for Supports 4.x agents, filled in the IP address and shared secret. Now agent won't startup.

The application event log states, "Unable to load SiteMinder host configuration object or host configuration file. E:\Program Files (x86)\CA\webagent\config\SmHost.conf"

Am I missing a setting in the conf file that needs to state something about Supports 4.x agents?

• 2.  Re: SiteMinder WebAgents - Supports 4.x agents
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 21, 2016 04:54 PM

If it is looking for SmHost.conf then it also needs the agent to be 5x.

May be it needs both 4x and 5x agent support ?In which case, you will register the trusted host normally and then after registration is complete, you will go to Admin UI and manually enable the 4x support for the agent.

But best to check the SAP documentation on this, to better understand this integration.

Cheers,

Ujwol Shrestha

Ujwol's Single Sign-On Blog