CA Service Management

• 1.  Impact of Knowledge Management on SDM 14.1

Posted Feb 17, 2016 11:51 AM

Hi All,

I have a customer interested in deploying Knowledge Management & Federated Search to Sharepoint .

Environment : Simple deployment (1 x Application Server) , approx 200 analysts.

The customer is particularly concerned about potential performance issues within SDM, arising from the impact of KM.

Has anyone experienced similar challenges ?

Regards, Vikesh

• 2.  Re: Impact of Knowledge Management on SDM 14.1
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 24, 2016 07:58 AM

Hi Vikesh,

I have not personally come across any performance issues with SDM specifically related to Knowledge Management Federated Search, however, if this is a concern, you do have an option here.  If the goal is to aleviate or mitigate any risk of effect on the users who are using SDM, then what you can do is create a separate secondary or app server (not sure if you are on conventional or advanced availability architecture) and specifically move just the knowledge daemons (including EBR and federated search related processes) to this additional server, thus eliminating the risk to the end users who are using the other servers to access SDM.  This is a much better suited option when using Advanced Availability architecture because each server speaks to the database independently, rather than all db transactions going through the Primary Server, which is the case in Conventional architecture, however, it can be done in either architecture and should work in both.

Hope this helps,

Jon I.

• 3.  Re: Impact of Knowledge Management on SDM 14.1

Posted Feb 24, 2016 08:11 AM
      |   view attached

Hi Jon,

Thank you so much for the contribution.

I really appreciate the time you have taken to share.

Regards, Vikesh