Clarity

Expand all | Collapse all

Jaspersoft 6 Gantt Chart

• 1.  Jaspersoft 6 Gantt Chart

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 18, 2016 09:04 AM

Hi All.

Do someone have an example on how to configure a Jaspersoft Gantt chart (the one included in Wigdet pro)?

I just need to show project with bar from start to finish date, but I'm getting a conversion error (from String to Date) and I cannot find where the error is.

Thanks in advance

Fabio

• 2.  Re: Jaspersoft 6 Gantt Chart

Posted Mar 14, 2016 08:24 AM

This might not help much, but from what I heard, the only Gantt that do work is the non-html5,  the one under "elements"  palette.

I also need to add a high level gantt in one of our report, so if you or someone in the community did get the html5 one to work, I am also interested.

• 3.  Re: Jaspersoft 6 Gantt Chart

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 18, 2016 07:42 AM

I read that that components are based on 3rd party libraries that have not yet been updated.

I just found a workaround that works only with Internet Explorer, that consists in exporting the report in PDF.

• 4.  Re: Jaspersoft 6 Gantt Chart

Posted Mar 29, 2016 09:23 AM

I didn't find those Gantt charts or widgets worthwhile.  The best option is create a custom script / engine(see google).  To much work..

What we did (since objects can't size dynamically) is create one pixel bars ||||||||||||||||||||||| and have them show not/show to get the desired effect.  Works well enough and the system handles it just fine.

• 5.  Re: Jaspersoft 6 Gantt Chart

Posted Apr 12, 2016 09:06 AM

Dear Fabio,

what you can do with the Widget Pro Gantt chart (coming from FusionCharts) is to render the chart in HTML as it uses Flash. On the other hand, exporting to pdf and other formats will not work as they don't support the Flash technology.

Could you please check if you can use the following element in your summary band: It should show you how you what you can get from this chart.

<componentElement>

<reportElement x="152" y="79" width="250" height="150" uuid="tbd"/>

<fw:ganttChart xmlns:fw="http://jaspersoft.com/fusion" xsi:schemaLocation="http://jaspersoft.com/fusion http://jaspersoft.com/schema/fusion.xsd">

<fw:categorySet>

<fw:category>

<fw:startExpression><![CDATA[new SimpleDateFormat("yyyy-MM-dd").parse("2009-07-27")]]></fw:startExpression>

<fw:endExpression><![CDATA[new SimpleDateFormat("yyyy-MM-dd").parse("2009-08-27")]]></fw:endExpression>

<fw:labelExpression><![CDATA["Sample Category"]]></fw:labelExpression>

</fw:category>

</fw:categorySet>

<fw:tasks>

<fw:task>

<fw:idExpression><![CDATA["Task1"]]></fw:idExpression>

<fw:process>

<fw:idExpression><![CDATA["Task1-Process1"]]></fw:idExpression>

<fw:labelExpression><![CDATA["Sample Process"]]></fw:labelExpression>

</fw:process>

<fw:startExpression><![CDATA[new SimpleDateFormat("yyyy-MM-dd").parse("2009-07-27")]]></fw:startExpression>

<fw:endExpression><![CDATA[new SimpleDateFormat("yyyy-MM-dd").parse("2009-08-27")]]></fw:endExpression>

<fw:labelExpression><![CDATA["Sample Task"]]></fw:labelExpression>

</fw:task>

</fw:tasks>

</fw:ganttChart>

</componentElement>

Unfortunately, I cannot provide any documentation on the Jaspersoft wizard and in the Studio there is none.

I would be grateful if anyone could share some insights on this!

Regards

Georg

• 6.  Re: Jaspersoft 6 Gantt Chart

Posted Mar 23, 2017 08:20 AM

Hello,

I'm trying to create a Gantt as well, and found this document after a lot of searching:

http://community.jaspersoft.com/system/files/documentation/ireport-ultimate-guide.pdf 

Page 252 onwards looks useful. It's early days though and I'm wondering why the Project Status Summary report doesn't use this widget (it uses a series of nested sub-reports). Perhaps I'm about to find out. It seems that the chart will render in HTML5 if Flash isn't found on the client.

Paul

• 7.  Re: Jaspersoft 6 Gantt Chart

Posted May 10, 2017 06:09 AM

Hi Paul,

the FusionCharts Gantt only works with Flash whereas other charts, e.g. the Cylinder chart also works with HTML5.

As Flash is often not supported by the browser and cannot be printed, it rules out the Gantt chart in Jaspersoft.

• 8.  Re: Jaspersoft 6 Gantt Chart

Posted May 10, 2017 06:27 AM

Hi Georg,

Thanks for his.

I did find an example in a CA PPM out of the box report where this Jaspersoft Gantt had been used. Opening it up revealed just how complicated it is to pass in the correct parameters. It also doesn’t lend itself to charts that flow over multiple pages. I did things manually!

Paul

• 9.  Re: Jaspersoft 6 Gantt Chart

Posted May 10, 2017 06:34 AM

Hi,

I will suggest cross tab report which can be converted into gantt chart. Using cross tab will provide better handling and flexibility with proper output in excel instead of image (in case of html5/ fusion charts and widgets).

Regards,

Prashank Singh

• 10.  Re: Jaspersoft 6 Gantt Chart

Posted May 11, 2017 04:04 AM

Hi Paul,

except for the Project Status Summary, which uses rectangle elements to plot a Gantt, I have found no OOTB report using the FusionCharts fw:ganttChart element.

Could you please point me to the report you mean?

Thanks and regards

Georg

• 11.  Re: Jaspersoft 6 Gantt Chart

Posted May 11, 2017 04:43 AM

Hi Georg,

I agree that the present report uses the rectangle elements, but another version, which I found on a sandbox at the client I was creating the problematic report for, uses the fw:ganttChart.

It was called CSK_PRJ_ProjectStatusSummary_GanttSchedule_Subreport.jrxml. I don't seem to be able to upload it to here though.

Paul

• 12.  Re: Jaspersoft 6 Gantt Chart

Posted May 10, 2017 07:57 AM

Hi fabio_cresta,

You can try the below points to resolve the conversion error :

1. Convert date into var-char in the query:  [ CONVERT(varchar(23), start_date, 23) START_DATE ]

2. Convert the date format to (yyyy-MM-dd):

new SimpleDateFormat("yyyy-MM-dd").parse($F{START_DATE})

It will help you to resolve the conversion error and let me know if it works for you.

Best Regards

Shubham Bhatia