recently our physical database server reached EOL so we have built a like-for-like replacement and configured it mostly the same. The drives and folders are set up as before and we have taken a copy of the existing database and restored it on the new server. My question is this: In terms of testing, before we do the final cut-over to the new server, would the below steps be reasonable to undertake?
1. Take one of the existing Prod application servers out of our webfarm temporarily (or we could maybe even point one of our test app servers at it)
2. Update the properties.xml file of the app server reflect the change of database, passwords etc.
3. Run admin general upload-config to test the app server - db connection.
4. Restart all services on the app server
5. Access the individual app server's tomcat instance to begin testing.
Are there any other aspects we should consider?