AutoSys Workload Automation

• 1.  JIL Attribute - Condition -  Limits: This value can be up to 255 alphanumeric characters in Length

Posted Feb 25, 2016 09:13 AM

We are currently running Autosys INC3 SOLAR ANY 11.0 SP5. While reviewing our JIL I came across "jobs" that have alphanumeric characters conditions greater than 255.

For example:

insert_job: cstar_box_extract_startofday job_type: b

owner: jp0cstar

permission: gx

condition: success(cstar_box_transactions) AND success(cstar_box_posts2p_daily) AND success(cstar_box_posts2p_daily_two) AND success(cstar_box_posts2p_1bd) AND success(cstar_box_posts2p_12345bd) AND success(cstar_box_posts2p_lastbd) AND success(cstar_box_posts2p_3frijan) AND success(cstar_box_posts2p_10bdnovlbd) AND success(cstar_box_rpt_cash_projection) AND success(cstar_box_posts2p_lbd1234bd) AND success(cstar_box_posts2p_yelbd1234bd) AND success(cstar_box_posts2p_qelbd1234bd) AND success(cstar_box_mars_cash_gbd) AND success(cstar_box_extract_posts2p) AND success(cstar_box_mars_cash) AND success(cstar_box_extract_postdst) AND success(cstar_box_disclosure) AND success(cstar_box_pos_first_last_trd)

description: "ID=AGGAA5V0G7S69ANDGBRRL5R4E31EDS | Alarm CALL | App Support - Back Office | This box contains jobs that prepare for the next business day after all extracts and reports jobs are done."

max_run_alarm: 30

alarm_if_fail: 0

The job is running successfully on a daily basis and job doesn't run until all conditions are satisfied. I was just wondering how this loaded without errors and running successfully when the Limit is exceeded.

Thank you

Maurice

• 2.  Re: JIL Attribute - Condition -  Limits: This value can be up to 255 alphanumeric characters in Length
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 25, 2016 09:16 AM

you do know that there is more than one table. right.

Steve C.

Stirling Systems Group

• 3.  Re: JIL Attribute - Condition -  Limits: This value can be up to 255 alphanumeric characters in Length

Posted Feb 25, 2016 09:25 AM

Thank you Steve for the Quick Response - I didn't know, but I know now. I am on the Operations Team, no excuse - I will pick up the "Manual

Maurice

• 4.  Re: JIL Attribute - Condition -  Limits: This value can be up to 255 alphanumeric characters in Length

Posted Feb 25, 2016 09:42 AM

Good Luck. and glad to help

Steve C.

Stirling Systems Group

• 5.  Re: JIL Attribute - Condition -  Limits: This value can be up to 255 alphanumeric characters in Length

Posted Feb 25, 2016 09:28 AM

I think the limit is closer to 4095 characters

• 6.  Re: JIL Attribute - Condition -  Limits: This value can be up to 255 alphanumeric characters in Length

Posted Mar 01, 2016 05:46 AM

All conditions attributes now have their own entry in the ujo_job_cond table. There is an  

internal limit built into the various components that limits it to 4K characters.

• 7.  Re: JIL Attribute - Condition -  Limits: This value can be up to 255 alphanumeric characters in Length

Community Manager
    Posted Mar 07, 2016 04:02 PM

Maurice -- were you able to figure out your issue? Did the help you received here work?

• 8.  Re: JIL Attribute - Condition -  Limits: This value can be up to 255 alphanumeric characters in Length

Posted Mar 10, 2016 08:28 AM

Hi Lenn,

Thanks for the follow-up, The help and advice received within this thread truly helped.

Maurice