Symantec Access Management

• 1.  SiteMinder Custom Authentication for One Time Password

Posted Feb 28, 2016 01:07 PM

We have a third-party product that supplies one-time passwords. I understand that this can be integrated with SiteMinder by creating an SDK-based custom authentication. (We are using 12.51 currently.) I have been asked to find out what level of effort should we plan for to create the custom authentication? 20 hours? 40 hours? 80 hours?

• 2.  Re: SiteMinder Custom Authentication for One Time Password
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 29, 2016 05:39 AM

Without having the actual detail of the implementation it is impossible to estimate the effort.

As far as developing a simple custom authentication scheme and configuring it to work with SiteMinder could be done in less than 30 mins. But again that's me.

This would chnage depending upon the experience level of the engineer with the Java programming and the SiteMinder

• 3.  Re: SiteMinder Custom Authentication for One Time Password

Posted Mar 20, 2018 07:09 AM

Hi Ujwol,

Even in SM 12.7 two-factor authentication doesn't support out of box with RSA/ OTP, do we need to still develop custom authentication scheme?

• 4.  Re: SiteMinder Custom Authentication for One Time Password

Posted Mar 20, 2018 07:45 AM

Hi,

Most of our customers are using CA Advanced Authentication for providing two factor auth.

If that is not something you would like to pursue then yes custom auth is the only other option.

Sent from my iPhone

• 5.  Re: SiteMinder Custom Authentication for One Time Password

Posted Mar 20, 2018 08:08 AM

CA Advanced doesn't have other than x509.Aren't you referring the below one in your trail response?

• 6.  Re: SiteMinder Custom Authentication for One Time Password

Posted Mar 20, 2018 08:12 AM
    No. I am referring to another CA product called CA Advanced Authentication which when integrated with CA SSO can provide multi factor auth along with various other advanced capabilities.

https://www.ca.com/au/products/ca-advanced-authentication.html