ESP Workload Automation

• 1.  ESP Mainframe (aka Cybermation MSeries) - moving critical files out of the Version folders

Posted Feb 29, 2016 08:05 AM

We're wanting to move Spool, Cacerts, Log and other critical Directories / Files out of the /CA/WA11_3_4.... libraries up one level so that as we upgrade the same files are used and we don't have to keep changing maintenance tools. The questions are pertaining to which files we should move and how? Spool is covered in Cluster definitions and Cacerts is also obvious; but what about the others? The few things we can find simply state ( default directory ), but where are the defaults actually provided?

Spool is easy " spooldir=/opt/CA/spool "; but is Log the same " logdir=/opt/CA/log ". Yes; we plan to try it now that we have a test agent, but if it doesn't work, then what do we try?

• 2.  Re: ESP Mainframe (aka Cybermation MSeries) - moving critical files out of the Version folders

Posted Feb 29, 2016 08:41 AM

I just found " log.folder " in the CA WA Agent for Unix, Linux, or Windows Implementation Guide. But it still doesn't answer our question about where it should be located. I remember an entry stating must be LOCAL, whereas Spool files for Clusters must be NFS Mount locations. Why aren't the log files done the same way?

• 3.  Re: ESP Mainframe (aka Cybermation MSeries) - moving critical files out of the Version folders

Posted Feb 29, 2016 10:58 AM

Please read all steps before proceeding, to make sure you understand what needs to be done. 

This has been successfully tested in my development environment, but YMMV.

I have provided solutions for Linux and Windows.

Linux

• Run Test Job to verify all is working before proceeding.
    • Stop Agent
    • Connect to Linux server
      • Navigate to directory (/opt/CA)
      • Move "current" "proposed"

mv /opt/CA/ WA11_3_4/ to /opt/CA

• Create backup of files:

mv agentparm.txt to agentparm.20160229

mv cybAgent to cybAgent.20160229

mv cybspawn to cybspawn.20160229

• Edit files Replace ALL "WA11_3_4/" with "" (nothing)
        • agentparm.txt
        • cybAgent
        • cybspawn
    • Start Agent – depending how you start the agent you may need to update the startup / shutdown script with the modified path.  If you have a different script for server start / kill check that script too
    • Run Test Job

Windows

• Run Test Job to verify all is working before proceeding.
    • Stop Service
    • Open Windows Command Prompt (right-click Run as Administrator) Navigate to directory
      • Move "current" "proposed"
      • Copy agentparm.txt to agentparm.20160229
      • Edit agentparm.txt then Replace ALL "WA11_3_4/" with ""
    • Run REGEDIT
      • Navigate to:
      • HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\services\<Service Name>
      • Right-click ImagePath select Modify remove WA11_3_4/" from 2 locations
      • Exit REGEDIT
    • Start Service
    • Run Test Job

NOTE:

• This requires an update in the Registry Editor, proceed with caution.
    • Prior to changing anything you may want to export the current settings.
           REGEDIT
      • Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\services\<Service Name>
      • Right-click / Export / Enter file name / Save

• 4.  Re: ESP Mainframe (aka Cybermation MSeries) - moving critical files out of the Version folders

Community Manager
    Posted Mar 07, 2016 04:00 PM

Don -- did Richard's suggestion help you? If so, can you come back and let us know?

• 5.  Re: ESP Mainframe (aka Cybermation MSeries) - moving critical files out of the Version folders

Posted Mar 17, 2016 10:28 AM

We appreciate the response; but haven't had a chance to try this as of yet. Too many others issues with getting Upgrades completed. I'll be starting (an)other discussion(s) to address them.