Symantec Access Management

• 1.  SPS silent install

Posted Feb 29, 2016 12:47 PM

Hello All,

We install SPS on windows server, while configuration we observed that sometimes after entering the agentname it gives error stating that agent does not exists will not create the policies and domain, but it creates all required objects. I don't know why this is happening. I understand if we get this type of error we can always ask it to continue to next step and if policies are not created we can create them manually.

But now, in same environment because we don't want to do manual install because we have done one manual install we prefer to go for silent install, the silent install fails at the same point looking for agent on policy server and installation terminates.

I figured out if I disable #AGENT_NAME="drs-sps-qa" in properties file the configuration goes successful, with fatal error:

Custom Action:

Additional Notes: ERROR - Creation of Proxy UI Protection policy has failed.

Proxy UI will not be protected by default.

And This should be fine because the policies are already created after 1st install.

I hope the way I tried to get it resolved should be good. Is there any other way someone can think of getting the configuration completed without Disabling the AGENT_NAME.

Also, why I am getting that error when policies are created (NO AGENT FOUND IN POLICY SERVER), I looked at the smps.log it looks clean.

• 2.  Re: SPS silent install
    Best Answer

Posted Apr 04, 2016 03:21 AM

Hi,

This need to check smps log, smps trace log, SPS configuration log and might need to enable log4j logs

-    Copy the log4j.properties files provided below:

# Define the root logger with appender file
    log4j.rootLogger = ALL, fout

# Define the file appender
    log4j.appender.fout=org.apache.log4j.FileAppender
    log4j.appender.fout.File=C:/logs/log.out

# Define the layout for file appender
    log4j.appender.fout.layout=org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout
    # use a more detailed message pattern
    log4j.appender.fout.layout.ConversionPattern=%p\t%d{ISO8601}\t%r\t%c\t[%t]\t%m%n

-    Set environment variable "LOGPROP_FILE" and point it to the location where log4j.properties file is saved / stored

-    Modify the location of log file in log4j.properties files

-    Now execute the SPS configuration wizard and provide us required files.

I would suggest to create support ticket if sharing the logs contain sensitive information.

Regards,

Kar Meng

• 3.  Re: SPS silent install

Posted Apr 14, 2016 11:58 AM

Thanks Kar Meng, we will try those steps and see what happens, but following those steps I mentioned we are able to complete the silent install.