AnsweredAssumed Answered

Missing some DB metrics

Question asked by JohnGregg on Feb 29, 2016
Latest reply on Mar 1, 2016 by JohnGregg

All,

I'm using APM 9.7.

I'm missing some DB metrics.  I have both oraclejdbc.pbd and sqlagent.pbd present.  On other apps I've worked on, I'm used to seeing these 6 metrics for SQL:

1. Responses per interval
  2. Average response time (ms)
  3. Average result processing time (ms)
  4. Concurrent invocations
  5. Error per interval
  6. Stall count

The app I'm working with uses 1 DB2, 2 Oracle, and 1 Teradata database.

For DB2 prepared statements and stored procs, I see the standard 5 metrics, but not average result processing time.

For Teradata stored procs, I see the same thing.  Evidently this app only has stored procs for TD.

One Oracle DB is a RAC.  For at least one node of the cluster, I see all 6 metrics on a prepared statement, but not result processing time for the stored procs.  For other nodes in the same cluster, I only see result processing time for prepared statements and the usual 5 metrics for stored procs!

The other Oracle DB is not RAC.  For it I only see result processing time for the prepared statements and the 5 metrics for stored procs (not the result processing time.)

With Oracle, in both cases the driver is the same: oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver.  The driver version is 11.1.x.

Metric count for the agent is 1332.  IntroscopeAgent.log says the metric limit is 5000.

Thanks

john

Outcomes