Symantec Access Management

• 1.  CA IDM TEWS Service can be synchronous?

Posted Mar 01, 2016 08:26 PM

I am trying to use  CA IDM TEWS web-services for user management, while checking the SOAP samples found that we are getting only task-ID as response from service. I have following questions.

1. Can i customize the response to have updated user info?

2. Is the service is synchronous?

3. Do i need to use TaskStatusQueryResult always to get the response of the service call?

• 2.  Re: CA IDM TEWS Service can be synchronous?
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 02, 2016 08:08 AM

Hello

The TEWS WS are asyncronous by definition and you cannot change the response. Only in the view/search task you will get a syncronous response, all the other (add, modify, delete...) you will get the transaction ID, and you have to check the status with TaskStatusQueryResult.

Regards

• 3.  Re: CA IDM TEWS Service can be synchronous?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 22, 2016 01:19 PM

Hi Maruti,

Identity Manager is an asynchronous application. This means that once you submit a task, it will be executed later via a separate thread upon the server's availability. The calling thread has no way to 'sit and wait' for a synchronous answer. This is part of the IDM platform and architecture and can not be changed. As Juan mentioned, from the User Interface and not TEWS -> it's the same thing. If you submit a task , you then have to go to View Submitted Tasks to see what happened.  Thank you.

~Scott Owens