Plex 2E

Expand all | Collapse all

[Plex 7.2] AS400 PGM : YOBCASTNEX (numeric error)

• 1.  [Plex 7.2] AS400 PGM : YOBCASTNEX (numeric error)

Posted Mar 02, 2016 03:53 AM

Hi everybody.

We used the version 7.2 and with this version the cast on the As400 use a new PGM: YOBCASTNEX

But with this new pgm when we casted a bad alpha code (containning for exemple a alpha " D" ) we have this error: "Représentation alphanumérique d'une valeur numérique en erreur." (In french)

Without information about fonction in error, it's very difficult to find it.

That is possible to use the old version YOBCASTA or YOBCASTN where in this situation put 0 in the numeric field.

Thank you for your reply.

Fred.

• 2.  Re: [Plex 7.2] AS400 PGM : YOBCASTNEX (numeric error)

Posted Mar 02, 2016 04:01 AM

Title:  ERROR HANDLING FOR YOBCASTNEX

SAP NetWeaver Portal

PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:

There is no proper error handling in place while type casting from

non-numeric character to numeric data using YOBCASTNEX. Hence the below

exception message was thrown when non-numeric data is being casted to numeric

:

"A character representation of a numeric value is in error. "

PROBLEM CAUSE:

Introducing error handling to YOBCASTNEX with the fallowing considerations.

1. When the input string does not contain proper numeric value for the progra

m YOBCASTNEX then a system generated message with severity 99 was being

written to the joblog.

i. I have made changes so that now a more informative message with a severity

40 will be written to the joblog. The message text will be like "Input start

ing "123A                           " is not a valid number." "Only a valid n

umeric value is allowed."

2. Customer wanted to have a message with a severity lower than 99.

i. Even though he suggested if we could have a message with severity 20, we c

ould only create a message with severity 40 as that is the severity of the ge

neric message code. . It would not really make much of a difference though.

but, if the customer really wants to have an even lower severity then we will

have to think of something different.

3. The customer wanted the name of the calling program

i.I have made the code changes so that name of the calling program will be w

ritten as a separate message in the joblog. The text of the message will be l

ike "The calling program is ProgramName."

CIRCUMVENTION:

NO

HYPER:

NO

PRODUCTS AFFECTED:

CA Plex r6.1 (All versions | up to PTF610.043.040)

CA Plex r7.0 (All versions | up to PTF700.038.012)

CA Plex r7.1 (All versions | up to PTF710.026.002)

Published Solution:

Related Solution #10  Release:7.0  APAR #RO83146

Related Solution #6   Release:7.1  APAR #RO80468

• 3.  Re: [Plex 7.2] AS400 PGM : YOBCASTNEX (numeric error)

Posted Mar 02, 2016 04:21 AM

You could do this with source code for unique circumstances but really if Plex7.2 you are running is up to date and contains the fix Title:  ERROR HANDLING FOR YOBCASTNEX  then you will need to report the behaviour to CA for a runtime fix to YOBCASTNEX

Plex7.1

* Cast  DetailP<Int>, Environment<*Message text>

C                   CALL      'YOBCASTNEX'                           99                      

C                   PARM      F00007        ZZTXT            65                              

C                   PARM      *ZEROS        ZZNBR            6321                            

C                   Z-ADD     ZZNBR         F00001

Plex6.1

* Cast  DetailP<Int>, Environment<*Message text>

C                   CALL      'YOBCASTN'                             99                     

C                   PARM      F00007        ZZTXT            32                             

C                   PARM      *ZEROS        ZZNBR            30 9                           

C                   Z-ADD     ZZNBR         F00001  

so instead of writing in the action diagram

" Cast  DetailP<Int>, Environment<*Message text>'

you would call some source like:

C                   CALL      'YOBCASTN'                             99                     

C                   PARM      &(1:)         ZZTXT            32                             

C                   PARM      *ZEROS        ZZNBR            30 9                           

C                   Z-ADD     ZZNBR         &(2:)

&(1:)  is the soruce

&(2:) is the target

• 4.  Re: [Plex 7.2] AS400 PGM : YOBCASTNEX (numeric error)

Posted Mar 17, 2016 05:55 AM

Hi George,

Thank you for your reply, I'm sorry to answer you so late

I think I won't use an API source code with YOBCASTN. But for me to earn time to find the problem, it could be nice to known on the log which function has this error.

Fred

• 5.  Re: [Plex 7.2] AS400 PGM : YOBCASTNEX (numeric error)

Posted Jun 08, 2016 04:43 AM

Where can I find info on "Title:  ERROR HANDLING FOR YOBCASTNEX "

• 6.  Re: [Plex 7.2] AS400 PGM : YOBCASTNEX (numeric error)

Posted Jun 08, 2016 05:00 AM

double click the link, then double click the link again

• 7.  Re: [Plex 7.2] AS400 PGM : YOBCASTNEX (numeric error)

Posted Jun 09, 2016 07:15 AM

Ok (Im not to pleased with the interface of this forumn).  I cant see any link there to follow.

Sorry.

• 8.  Re: [Plex 7.2] AS400 PGM : YOBCASTNEX (numeric error)

Posted Jun 09, 2016 07:42 AM

• 9.  Re: [Plex 7.2] AS400 PGM : YOBCASTNEX (numeric error)

Posted Jun 09, 2016 09:27 AM

Ok This link is to the document.  I cant see link to að ptf or fx there.

I'm on 7.2.  

• 10.  Re: [Plex 7.2] AS400 PGM : YOBCASTNEX (numeric error)

Posted Sep 23, 2016 06:52 AM

As more and more function are gen/build using 7.2 I see more of this error RNX0105 "A character representation of a numeric value is in error.". 

And It leaves my confused and frustrated . This message surface in function / programs that have worked for many years.  Right know it was because I converted the value "0"  (parameter string for submitted batch job) to function having numeric value for input parameter name "Work order batch".   

How can it be wrong value ????

• 11.  Re: [Plex 7.2] AS400 PGM : YOBCASTNEX (numeric error)

Posted Sep 23, 2016 09:00 AM

I'm opening a case with CA Support on this subject. In our case, problem is worse, because YOBCASTNEX is failing with char fields containing decimal numbers in european format. And we have an undetermined number of functions yet not regenerated with this scenario.

• 12.  Re: [Plex 7.2] AS400 PGM : YOBCASTNEX (numeric error)

Posted Nov 28, 2016 08:40 AM

Hi Jorge, Have CA respond to your case ? 

• 13.  Re: [Plex 7.2] AS400 PGM : YOBCASTNEX (numeric error)

Posted Nov 28, 2016 09:26 AM

Yes, and solved. We are using since some weeks ago a fix for the case. However, take in account our problem was with YOBCASTAEX (number to alpha), not YOBCASTNEX. Decimal numbers were casted with decimal point, even for european comma separator. Now converts to comma correctly. In the meantime, a first fix failed converting long integers, but now goes well.

Jorge

• 14.  Re: [Plex 7.2] AS400 PGM : YOBCASTNEX (numeric error)

Posted Apr 25, 2017 06:47 AM

Hi Jorge , How did you resolve the issue?  or where did you get a fix for YOBCASTAEX ?

• 15.  Re: [Plex 7.2] AS400 PGM : YOBCASTNEX (numeric error)

Posted Apr 25, 2017 07:29 AM

we get a fix (a savf for YOBCASTAEX) from CA. (Fix Y00515575A).

• 16.  Re: [Plex 7.2] AS400 PGM : YOBCASTNEX (numeric error)

Posted Apr 25, 2017 08:43 AM

thanks

• 17.  Re: [Plex 7.2] AS400 PGM : YOBCASTNEX (numeric error)

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 25, 2017 07:53 AM

Hello Nell,

you can download this Fix Y00515575A from support.ca.com. Select CA PLEX 7.2 > download Solution and you will see " CUMULATIVE FIX BUILD FOR PLEX 7.2.1 (PTF721.024.001)". There is also ptf.PDF which shows a list of all included PTF's on Page 9 ( Problem 2467 was created for this reported Problem).

regards

Thomas

• 18.  Re: [Plex 7.2] AS400 PGM : YOBCASTNEX (numeric error)

Posted Apr 25, 2017 08:47 AM

Thank you, do you know if there's a fix for YOBCASTNEX ? I think it has a simular problem when I cast '2013-05-2300' to a date field I get the same. Please see my posting : Input starting '2013-05-2300'  is not a valid number. Error on green screen.  We are running plex 7.2 with the latest ptf PTF721.024.001 The only program that we got in the ptf was YOBCASTAEX. but in my example wont it use YOBCASTNEX?

• 19.  Re: [Plex 7.2] AS400 PGM : YOBCASTNEX (numeric error)

Posted Apr 25, 2017 09:54 AM

I think your issue is related to SQLBlockFetch itself. YOBCASTNEX error is related to an incorrect treatment of decimals, out of local environment. But there were several issues with SQLBlockFetch. Do you reviewed the discussion page on Plex wiki for this subject?. We changed a couple of times our code on it.

• 20.  Re: [Plex 7.2] AS400 PGM : YOBCASTNEX (numeric error)

Posted Apr 25, 2017 10:42 AM

Thanks I will get the latest and test SQLBlockfetch hope it was old code.. It seems to be only when the field type in the sql blockfetch is DATE. The sql blockfetch fetches the formatting for the date for example the '-' between year and month and when plex tries to cast it it failes because the text that it is trying to cast has a '-' in it.