Service Operations Insight

• 1.  Utilization data showing incorrect

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 04, 2016 12:17 AM

Does anyone experience this problem, the Utilization showing 100% for Vcenter

• 2.  Re: Utilization data showing incorrect

Posted Mar 10, 2016 09:24 AM

Yeah, same thing here. I opened a case on it and I was directed to submit an enhancement to get it fixed/changed. CCC is looking at the "host memory" metrics for the VM from vCenter instead of what percentage the VM is actually using on the host (from VMWare's perspective). The host memory metric almost always shows 100%. CCR is showing the VM's utilization fine and the typical up/down patterns (again, the VMWare perspective though).

But, neither of these are particularly useful in many cases. We need the guest's perspective of memory util in each tool and that isn't happening when pulling from just vCenter. Need to be able to merge data from another source, from the guest, for this to be useful for all server owners/application teams. I love having to explain this new fancy tool is wrong and they have to use something else to see their VM's memory usage properly. Still, the host/cluster memory util is useful for those of us managing capacity of the clusters. Our biggest desire for this info is coming from those that use the VMs and want to know what those really look like. At least we have the CPU utilization correct.

• 3.  Re: Utilization data showing incorrect

Posted Mar 17, 2016 10:16 AM

Hi there

Maybe this link can assist. This is with regards to interorting the dashboard.

Interpret the Dashboard - CA Capacity Management - 2.9 - CA Technologies Documentation

Regards

David