CA Service Management

• 1.  Auto Reassignment option in (Edit In List)

Posted Mar 04, 2016 05:12 AM

Hi,

I want to auto re-Assign the tickets in bulk. There is an option 'edit in list' through which we can do some changes in bulk. For example we can set the assignee in bulk.

Is there any way through which i  can auto re-assign the tickets in bulk.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Priyanka Priyadarshini

• 2.  Re: Auto Reassignment option in (Edit In List)

Posted Mar 04, 2016 06:17 AM

Hi,

do you mean OOTB autoassignment functionality (with button presented on Req/Inc forms)?

• 3.  Re: Auto Reassignment option in (Edit In List)

Posted Mar 07, 2016 08:05 AM

Not sure we fully understand your requirements.

Can you explain a little more and give the context.

Thanks

/J

• 4.  Re: Auto Reassignment option in (Edit In List)

Posted Mar 08, 2016 05:45 AM

Hi,

There is an option called edit in list which is present in list_cr form. It enables us to make changes in bulk. I want a button (auto-reassignment) so that i can re assign ticket in bulk.

• 5.  Re: Auto Reassignment option in (Edit In List)

Posted Mar 08, 2016 05:59 AM

Hi,

So if I understand you correctly you would like a button on top of that list there that will pop up a window to enter the assignee or group and then push it somehow to all the ticket in your list.

Is that correct understanding?

if the assignee or group field are part of your list, you must be able to change it on one record only and then use the change all button to apply to all the others in the list.

in one way or another you need to provide the new value so I don't see much difference in processing time for the user from the current functionality but I may have again a wrong understanding of your requirements

/J

• 6.  Re: Auto Reassignment option in (Edit In List)

Posted Mar 14, 2016 05:49 AM

Hi jmayer,

We have slightly different requirment.

Below is the requirment detail;

When we open a request page, we see the button "re auto assign" which reassigns the request.

Now , i have a fetched set of requests in list_cr by appliying necessorary filters.

And now I want to make changes in all these records which I have fetched. Now I want to change the assignee of all these requests as "admin" I can simply make it by clicking "change all" and " save " option.

However I do not wish to change the assignee, priority or status. I want to reassign all these requests.

For that I need a button "re auto assign" which should appear as one of the option like( assignee, priority, status, ect) after we click " edit in list" button so that we can " re auto assign" all the record at a time.

Regards,

CBI TEAM

• 7.  Re: Auto Reassignment option in (Edit In List)

Posted Mar 14, 2016 06:09 AM

hi,

auto_assign is OOTB method that being called directly from object and cannot used from Edit in list, but I think this could be performed in this way:

• publish new attribute to Request schema, for example I call it : z_trigger (string(16)) and diplay in list form;
    • create maj file with POST_VAL (or POST_CI) trigger when this attribute being changed:
    OBJECT cr { 
      TRIGGERS { 
      POST_VALIDATE z_trigger_init(z_trigger) 1337 FILTER(z_trigger{}); 
      }; 
    };

• create spel to perform batch operations depending on z_trigger value:
    cr::z_trigger_init(...) {
        string old_val, new_val;
        old_val = argv[2];
        new_val = argv[3];
        if ( (old_val == "") && (new_val == "A") ) {
            cr::auto_assign_call(assignee, group, customer, affected_resource, category, auto_assign, persistent_id, 1);
        } else if ( (old_val == "") && (new_val == "RE") ) {
            // here could be method to change status to Resolved with some system comment
        } else if ( (old_val == "") && (new_val == "REJ") ) {
            // here could be method to change status to Rejected with some system comment
        }
        send_wait(0, this, "call_attr", "z_trigger", "set_val", "", "SURE_SET");    // dont forget to wipe data
    }

• then edit your tickets in list and set z_trigger attribute as A to perform autoassignment.

Please notice, this code didn't tested, also if you're not planning to use other batching except of autoassignment, you can publish attribute as Integer and dispaly it as checkbox for example.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Timur

• 8.  Re: Auto Reassignment option in (Edit In List)

Posted Mar 16, 2016 09:04 AM

Hi CDTJ,

Thanks for the update. I understood what is to be done from your post

But i have less knowledge of triggers and spel. I wanted to know what does z_trigger do? You haven the z_trigger in FILTER option also. where is it defined?

Kindly help

• 9.  Re: Auto Reassignment option in (Edit In List)

Posted Mar 17, 2016 03:53 AM

Hi,

I would like to start from disclaimer

I highly recommend to perfrom all actions on test environment first and learn SPEL basics that could be obtained here:https://communities.ca.com/message/241854800 and here: Where can I find Spel functions documentation?

z_trigger (in my example) is a database attribute (like description, ref_num or any other), that will be used to initiate batching operation;

Looking at : "POST_VALIDATE z_trigger_init(z_trigger) 1337 FILTER(z_trigger{});" where:

POST_VALIDATE - means that action will be peformed after general object updates but before object being unlocked (sorry about this description, I really don't know how to explain it )

z_trigger_init - is function name;

(z_trigger) - attribute passed to that function;

1337 - sequnce, if you have multiple scripts you can build execute queue;

FILTER(z_trigger{}) - filter to run that script only when z_tigger attibute being changed;

Looking at my previous post, you need to create maj file (call it z_trigger.maj) and paste described code without any changes into it, then create z_trigger.spl file and paste code with cr::z_trigger_init function.

Regards,

cdtj

• 10.  Re: Auto Reassignment option in (Edit In List)

Posted Mar 14, 2016 07:10 AM

OK better understand now

the proposition from below seems to be a alternative.

GIve it a try and let us know.

/J