Service Operations Insight

• 1.  How to change an alert from Risk to Quality?

Posted Mar 04, 2016 07:08 AM

I would like to change specific sets of our Spectrum alarms from Risk alarms to Quality alerts.  I have looked through numerous manuals, but I am having difficulty finding just what I need to do in order to make this change.  What can I do to change a range of Spectrum alarms so that they show up as Quality alerts instead of Risk alerts?

• 2.  Re: How to change an alert from Risk to Quality?

Posted Mar 04, 2016 10:02 AM

Hi Bill,

the mapping is performed as part of the Connector code.

There is no "easy" way to update this.

But if you have specific sets of Alerts that you can identify through common information, you can update the Connector Policy to catch these Alerts and change the type according to your requirements.

MichaelBoehm

• 3.  Re: How to change an alert from Risk to Quality?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 04, 2016 10:08 AM

Hello Bill,

The easiest way is to update the connector policy to identify the pattern and change the Alert Type, you may create & deploy Event Enrichment (Create New Event) policy for the same.

Thanks

Brahma

• 4.  Re: How to change an alert from Risk to Quality?

Posted Mar 04, 2016 10:49 AM

Thank you both.  I see it now.  It is documented in the SOI Connector Guide.  I don't know why I couldn't find that before.  I have used Event Integration for years, so I'm familiar with the policy configuration.

Thank you both for the quick response.

• 5.  Re: How to change an alert from Risk to Quality?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 07, 2016 12:34 AM

Hi Bill,

You can also check out the KB article available on the CA Support site as reference.

How to map Spectrum alarms as Quality alerts in SOI

Regards,

Vish

• 6.  Re: How to change an alert from Risk to Quality?

Posted Mar 09, 2016 01:55 PM

That article is great.  It describes every step that you need to take.  That is staying on my favorites to reference in the future.

Thank you very much for pointing that out.