IT Process Automation

Expand all | Collapse all

How do i specify file path on a server to monitor for the Monitor File operator in the file/directory name? It is a windows path server.

• 1.  How do i specify file path on a server to monitor for the Monitor File operator in the file/directory name? It is a windows path server.

Posted Mar 08, 2016 05:59 AM

How do i specify file path on a server to monitor for the Monitor File operator in the file/directory name? It is a windows path server.

• 2.  Re: How do i specify file path on a server to monitor for the Monitor File operator in the file/directory name? It is a windows path server.
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 11, 2016 08:55 AM

Yes, assuming your touchpoint is installed on Windows, it is a Windows file path.  It can also take shared path syntax, but make sure you can access that share as the user that has started the service for the touchpoint (agent or orchestrator)

• 3.  Re: How do i specify file path on a server to monitor for the Monitor File operator in the file/directory name? It is a windows path server.

Posted Mar 14, 2016 01:14 AM

So will i need to specify like below?

server name/folder name/file.txt

CAPAM/TestMonFile/TestFile.txt

I am currently testing the path on the same server PAM Server is installed on to mitigate any firewall or network issues so that i can test that my process is working fine. The test folder is on drive D:\ and the folder is shared. I also did install the agent on the same box. But still no luck. What type of configurations do i need to look at on the " File Management" side?

Tnx Allot